Page 1 of 94 123 ... LastLast

Is Lamar the answer, article from Tony?

Interesting article on here from Tony.

https://russellstreetreport.com/2019...ay/ravens-mvp/

Blog Entries

Re: Is Lamar the answer, article from Tony?

Ok, first answer already has me a little side eyed...

Lamar will never be a pocket passer
    As a passer - that's exactly what he IS
    Last edited by Greg; 10-25-2023 at 10:26 AM.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think either way we need to come to a conclusion by the end of 2019 of whether or not he is the guy. 2020 is going to be a good draft for QBs and it's not like we invested a ton to get LJ in the first place. We don't want to recreate passing on Aaron Rodgers because we were still trying to make it work with Kyle Boller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaRaven View Post
    I think either way we need to come to a conclusion by the end of 2019 of whether or not he is the guy. 2020 is going to be a good draft for QBs and it's not like we invested a ton to get LJ in the first place. We don't want to recreate passing on Aaron Rodgers because we were still trying to make it work with Kyle Boller.
    I do not agree. This raw 21 year old rookie was thrown into battle before he was ready. While most thought (me included) that he should have carried a clipboard in 2018, we ended up going 6 - 1 with LJ @ QB, and the AFCNorth crown. A playoff game we haven't seen since the 2014 season. He needs time to develop, and as a 1st round draft choice (thank you, Ozzie), the Ravens will have a 5th year option. Don't even mention Kyle Boller in a post regarding Lamar Jackson... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 01-14-2019 at 06:51 PM. Reason: wrote 2012, meant 2014. BHSU corrected it... Bc

Blog Entries

Let me check my crystal ball and get back to you. I’ll get the winning lottery numbers while I’m at it.

Lamar is a promising young 22 year old qb. Time will tell if he’s the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ok, first answer already has me a little side eyed...

As a passer - that's exactly what he IS
    Exactly. Tony is a good guy, but he's not perfect and this assessment is off the mark. His runs in Louisville were largely designed. His runs here were largely designed. He is far more comfortable throwing from the pocket than on the run. I think that a generalization has been made, because he's athletic. I think that generalization is flawed and lazy quite frankly.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Let me check my crystal ball and get back to you. I’ll get the winning lottery numbers while I’m at it.

Lamar is a promising young 22 year old qb. Time will tell if he’s the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Did you watch the Cleveland game. Baker Mayfield is a promising young NFL quarterback. Lamar is a promising young sandlot athlete. There is a big difference between the two - and its a difference that will never be bridged. However, Lamar is consistent with the Ravens ability to evaluate Quarterback talent.

The Ravens can fool themselves for a couple of years into believing that Lamar's athleticism will eventually translate into success as an NFL quarterback - but they will eventually find themselves back in a time warp - back to April 2008 - pre 2008 draft - LOOKING FOR MR. RIGHT. By that time the Browns will have a couple of AFC North Championship banners hanging in the Dawg Pound - and the Ravens will be back rolling the dice on another Boller/Smith/Flacco/Taylor - as the Bradys/Rogers/Brees slip through their fingers as they have in the past. But - rest assured - the Ravens will have added a couple of more stud run stuffing nose tackles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    2012, eh? Skipped watching the 2014 season, did ya? Forgot you and others made LJ a God who can't be mentioned in the same breath as any other mortal QBs
    To all those who read my posts, I did mean to write the 2014 season, my typing mistake.To BHSU, I thank you for the correction. However, you're wrong if you think I (and others) made LJ out to be a QB God of some sort. We're just happy to have an exciting young man to steer our offense going forward. BHSU, are you already branding him as a failure? If you are, then my typo mistake isn't as bad as your thinking... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Did you watch the Cleveland game. Baker Mayfield is a promising young NFL quarterback. Lamar is a promising young sandlot athlete. There is a big difference between the two - and its a difference that will never be bridged. However, Lamar is consistent with the Ravens ability to evaluate Quarterback talent.

The Ravens can fool themselves for a couple of years into believing that Lamar's athleticism will eventually translate into success as an NFL quarterback - but they will eventually find themselves back in a time warp - back to April 2008 - pre 2008 draft - LOOKING FOR MR. RIGHT. By that time the Browns will have a couple of AFC North Championship banners hanging in the Dawg Pound - and the Ravens will be back rolling the dice on another Boller/Smith/Flacco/Taylor - as the Bradys/Rogers/Brees slip through their fingers as they have in the past. But - rest assured - the Ravens will have added a couple of more stud run stuffing nose tackles.
    Would you and BH be upset if the Ravens traded up to get Dwayne Haskins?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post

Excellent!!! at least one of the enlightened on here. I see us .500 or below next year ,bottom feeders for sure in the AFC North. Don' worry though , the PC crew will blame the OC, Harbaugh, DC, and anyone else they can point a finger at, but not the QB!

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    To all those who read my posts, I did mean to write the 2014 season, my typing mistake.To BHSU, I thank you for the correction. However, you're wrong if you think I (and others) made LJ out to be a QB God of some sort. We're just happy to have an exciting young man to steer our offense going forward. BHSU, are you already branding him as a failure? If you are, then my typo mistake isn't as bad as your thinking... Bc
    I'm imagining Cedric Daniels delivering this to one of his superiors right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Would you and BH be upset if the Ravens traded up to get Dwayne Haskins?

If he could carry that 70% completion percentage with him into the NFL I would personally drive him from Columbus to Baltimore - AND I LIVE IN ARIZONA!