Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 61 to 72 of 72
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    15,922
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Please clarify. Are you saying flacco only elevated his play to get a contract?
    Yes


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  2. #62
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    10,255

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Please clarify. Are you saying flacco only elevated his play to get a contract?
    I'm sure he wanted a ring but playing for a long term contract was added motivation and probably the most. At the end of the day.. these guys aren't gonna go out there and put their bodies on the line for chump change. They're in the NFL because they want to make millions.





  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    31,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    You really think during that superbowl run all he was thinking about was dollars? Nah, not having it, thats not flacco.
    No one seems to be able to go the money route, but explain 2014 at the same time.





  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    10,255

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    No one seems to be able to go the money route, but explain 2014 at the same time.
    I mean I don't know how much Flacco loves McDonald's.. but I doubt it's better than a new york strip or a sirloin steak. I know guys like that and they're very financially concious. Joe strikes me as the kinda guy to want to make that money last and pass to his kids rather than fancy mansions and lime green Lamborghinis.





  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    31,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    So what was 2014 about? What was the way he played against the Steelers and Patriots in the playoffs about that year? I know some feel the regular season schedule was easy with the NFC South and all itís weak defenses on it. That doesnít explain the two playoff games.





  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    10,255

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So what was 2014 about? What was the way he played against the Steelers and Patriots in the playoffs about that year? I know some feel the regular season schedule was easy with the NFC South and all itís weak defenses on it. That doesnít explain the two playoff games.
    It was good but it wasn't 2012 you know that





  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    31,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It was good but it wasn't 2012 you know that
    2012 was historically good. Only one QB in history matched that. And it wasnít far off. He threw one pick at Gillette that was his fault and one that shouldnít have been, because Torrey misjudged the ball in the air.





  8. #68

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    It was good but it wasn't 2012 you know that
    Ok well to play Devil's advocate...what about 2011?? Folks always talk up the 2012 post season run, but what about 2011...the Evans drop/strip and the Cundiff? Didn't he play his ass off and drive the team down with a chance to win it or tie it at the end? His contract wasn't up for another year so what was the motivation then? The week 9 comeback in Pittsburgh, 6-0 in the division and a 1st round bye that year.





  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    31,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Ok well to play Devil's advocate...what about 2011?? Folks always talk up the 2012 post season run, but what about 2011...the Evans drop/strip and the Cundiff? Didn't he play his ass off and drive the team down with a chance to win it or tie it at the end? His contract wasn't up for another year so what was the motivation then? The week 9 comeback in Pittsburgh, 6-0 in the division and a 1st round bye that year.
    Or 2010. He had his good and bad moments early on. The team collectively fell apart and the lead shrunk. Flacco still kept his poise and drove them down for what should have been a touchdown drive. He put the ball the only place he could and Boldin (God bless him) let it hit off of his chest. Ben Roethlisberger then comes down to see a three man rush on third and long. As a result, Antonio Brown is born. Even after all of that, Flacco has the team driving again to tie the game. On fourth and long, the guy who'd be publicly speaking up for more targets, let the ball bounce off of his chest and game over.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    31,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Was Flacco playing for money in 2016 when he led the Ravens on what should have been the game winning drive, at Heinz Field, to get the Ravens into the playoffs?
    Was Flacco playing for money in 2017 when he did it AGAIN, for what should have been the division title, only for Antonio Brown and Co. to regain the lead, only for Flacco to come back AGAIN, and nearly get them into FG range with time to spare for a potential TD, except someone forgot where he was along the sideline?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore





  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    10,255

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Ok well to play Devil's advocate...what about 2011?? Folks always talk up the 2012 post season run, but what about 2011...the Evans drop/strip and the Cundiff? Didn't he play his ass off and drive the team down with a chance to win it or tie it at the end? His contract wasn't up for another year so what was the motivation then? The week 9 comeback in Pittsburgh, 6-0 in the division and a 1st round bye that year.
    Like I said I'm sure he wanted to win but you guys can't tell me that the pay is not still the most important thing in these guys lives especially guys like Joe that obviously wanted a big family. That's what feeds the kids, not the ring. Joe wanted that contract bad.. like any other human on earth would.





  12. #72

    Re: Top 6 highest paid QBs missed playoffs

    Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Like I said I'm sure he wanted to win but you guys can't tell me that the pay is not still the most important thing in these guys lives especially guys like Joe that obviously wanted a big family. That's what feeds the kids, not the ring. Joe wanted that contract bad.. like any other human on earth would.
    maybe, but it could be more of the line of thought that Joe thought he was the best QB in the NFL. And despite his stats, in crunch time before and during his superbowl, he may have been the best QB not named Tom Brady, and you could argue at that point, he threw a better looking ball.

    Combine that with obtaining your goal (winning SB, proving your elite with the best playoff run ever).

    Id guess its close to the reports we've heard about him being a great team mate .... Maybe when the FO stopped trying to surround him with talent "Team player Joe" Kept his mouth shut "For the Good of the team"

    Maybe his desire to be a good soldier was his downfall....maybe we would have changed our team DNA had he been more demanding like brady or rivers ... maybe by 2015 he decided "these guys dont even care about offense anymore"
    Burn it down





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site