Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What are the browns doing?

The reality is that any time you elevate a Coordinator (or a college coach or anyone) you take the risk that they will once more prove the Peter Principle. Contrary to the opinion of many on this forum, being a good coordinator does not mean that you can be a good Head Coach. An HC has far more boiling pots to deal with than somebody has a singular focus.

I am very concerned about the direction that the Browns are heading. Regardless, the Ravens are in trouble if they do not handle their own needs.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    You go from 0 wins to 7 and win 5 of your last 7 games and want to get a new HC, OC and DC? Should have just let Greg Williams keep the keys IMO go with what's working.. now what if kitchens does a terrible job?
    DCs are just not in style right now. Look at the final 4 Hoodie is defense but he’s no slouch with offense the other 3 are all offensive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Kitchens can run his offense but can he the team? Why not just have Greg Williams hire a new DC and let kitchens keep his focus on the O?
    Because someone would have scooped up Kitchens in hopes he would be able to work miracles with their young qb or freshly drafted qb

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Because other teams were interested in Kitchens. They were blocking him from OC interviews but wouldn't be able to from head coach interviews. There was a chance that they would have lost Kitchens and then had Williams hiring 2 new coordinators. Ultimately they didn't have faith in Williams being the head coach. Williams is a headcase. They didn't even offer him the DC job, though he will get that job elsewhere.
    This

I like what the Stains did. Monkton will probably be there for only a year though. Same for Wilks.

If Kitchens does a terrible job then they'll say it's the same old Browns.

Personally I think the Browns were smart. It was Kitchens offense that won them those 5 of 7 games and Williams defense that sucked. Instead of just assuming that Williams led the team to those wins they looked and analyzed. They ended the year ranked #13 on offense and #30 on defense. The Browns kept the right guy
    i agree. plus baker really flourished under kitchens
    Burn it down

Keith BrittonVerified account @KeithBritton86 1h1 hour agoMore

#Browns HC Freddie Kitchens: “We've got the best support staff I've ever seen, anywhere I've ever been. When you have a desire to win, and everybody checks their ego at the door...we should be successful."

Blog Entries

I didnt hear a thing about other teams wanting him at head coach.
    Freddie was supposedly on the Cardinals list. He coached there for a decade before he went to the Browns.

If Kitchens does a terrible job then they'll say it's the same old Browns.

Personally I think the Browns were smart. It was Kitchens offense that won them those 5 of 7 games and Williams defense that sucked. Instead of just assuming that Williams led the team to those wins they looked and analyzed. They ended the year ranked #13 on offense and #30 on defense. The Browns kept the right guy
    Co-sign.

Freddie was supposedly on the Cardinals list. He coached there for a decade before he went to the Browns.
    rabbi - in the room situation in deed. I'd bet he would have been offered the HC job in ARZ
    Burn it down