Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Joe Flacco, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and John Harbaugh deserve so much credit

For going up to Foxboro and beating them in the AFCCG. Being the only AFC team that has done that in the 21st century apart from the Colts with Peyton Manning. Jets beat them in a divisional game in 2011 which was impressive, but they would then lose to the steelers. Looking at all the play off games since then, the Patriots have really dominated most of the time. It really makes it a pretty damn good feat looking back now. Obviously everyone from that play off run deserved credit, but the 4 mentioned names are the most notable, because Flacco was obviously the quarter back, Ray and Ed were the real defensive coordinators, and John Harbaugh managed the show I suppose. I kind of get the feeling that Ray was running the show in reality, but don't want Jim to go on a rant.

Re: Joe Flacco, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and John Harbaugh deserve so much credit

Not to mention 2011 and 2014 were damn close.

We're the one team that Pats don't want to see at home. We play them very well there.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Even this year my Pats bud wanted no part of the Ravens. That's the only team they really do not want to see even long after Ed and Ray have gone.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Here here. I had a week long ‘vacation’ from here but come back and all I’m reading is about what a terrible coach John Harbaugh is. Everyone seems to want to kiss Flacco for his 2008-2012 success but John gets zero credit around here for that. We literally just won the AFC North, with what I think is a not very good roster, and all people can talk about is that we’re gonna win 4-6 games next year. Bizarro world here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Here here. I had a week long ‘vacation’ from here but come back and all I’m reading is about what a terrible coach John Harbaugh is. Everyone seems to want to kiss Flacco for his 2008-2012 success but John gets zero credit around here for that. We literally just won the AFC North, with what I think is a not very good roster, and all people can talk about is that we’re gonna win 4-6 games next year. Bizarro world here.
    Like who? A few? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Like who? A few? ... Bc
    There are 5-6 posters in that Flacco trade speculation thread that have either intimated or flat out said that.

You can't take the opinions of 2 people and say "all people can talk about" lol. That just isn't true.

Many of the people that aren't a fan of John Harbaugh have a pretty good reason and aren't just being irrational IMO. I've detailed why I am not a fan of him and I think it's a legit concern, but one that is not going to show until next year so it's speculation.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

During the Patriots dynasty, the only team to beat them multiple (twice) in New England, in the playoffs...are the Baltimore Ravens. And came very close in 2011 and 2014.

The 2008-2012 era of Baltimore football is by far my favorite as a fan. Ed, Ray, Joe, Boldin, Mason, Heap, Pitta, Ngata, Suggs, Rice, Ricky Williams, McGahee, Jarret Johnson...man we had some ballers on this team over the years.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    You can't take the opinions of 2 people and say "all people can talk about" lol. That just isn't true.

Many of the people that aren't a fan of John Harbaugh have a pretty good reason and aren't just being irrational IMO. I've detailed why I am not a fan of him and I think it's a legit concern, but one that is not going to show until next year so it's speculation.
    Definitely a lot more than two but sure, not worded very well. The loud voices tend to drown out the others. But there is a not small amount of this board that thinks John Harbaugh is trash and it is frankly ridiculous. And I’d bet if there was a poll I wouldn’t be surprised if at least a third of this board would say that Lamar is a mistake and that we’d be better off with Joe. And sorry, that is a very large part of a board to have such a terrible opinion.

Definitely a lot more than two but sure, not worded very well. The loud voices tend to drown out the others. But there is a not small amount of this board that thinks John Harbaugh is trash and it is frankly ridiculous. And I’d bet if there was a poll I wouldn’t be surprised if at least a third of this board would say that Lamar is a mistake and that we’d be better off with Joe. And sorry, that is a very large part of a board to have such a terrible opinion.
    I'm sure people think he's trash in the context of what we need from a HC right now (And again there's some merit there).

I also think there's reason to be concerned with Lamar, which relates to the Harbaugh thing, but obvioulsy it's premature to say anything is a mistake (including Harabugh, like I said we won't really know till next year - but definitely reason for concern).
    - Ray Lewis

I don't find it ridiculous or a terrible opinion. John Harbaugh has major flaws in his coaching philosophy. Now, is he a good coach? Yes, he is. But his major flaws cost this team 1-2 wins a year. Some might be more harsh in their criticisms of John...but there are valid points on both sides (those who like Harbs and those who don't). Personally I am ready to move on from Harbs. However, I realize he will be here for the next 3 years at least. And in that time I want him and the team to be successful.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Not to mention 2011 and 2014 were damn close.

We're the one team that Pats don't want to see at home. We play them very well there.
    I don' think the Pats wanted to see Joe Flacco, Ray Rice, Ray Lewis, Suggs in his prime and Ed Reed. I'd venture to guess Lamar Jackson, CJ Mosely, Gus Edwards, Suggs at 37 and Eric Weddle don't stike fear in Brady and Belichick.