Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you, Chiefs

If Indy had won, I may never have gotten over my rage at failing to take care of business and get the AFCC at home.

Re: Thank you, Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If Indy had won, I may never have gotten over my rage at failing to take care of business and get the AFCC at home.
    If Indy had won: I would have been quite pissed off that those who stole our team would be celebrating. They lost .... fuck 'em!!!
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    ... those who stole our team...
    What is fucked up, what I absolutely cannot wrap my mind around, is that they've now been in Indy for longer than they were in Baltimore. 30 years in Baltimore (31?), and 34(?) years in Indy.

That's – I don't even know. It's gross. It's unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    What is fucked up, what I absolutely cannot wrap my mind around, is that they've now been in Indy for longer than they were in Baltimore. 30 years in Baltimore (31?), and 34(?) years in Indy.

That's – I don't even know. It's gross. It's unfathomable.
    I know.

I was also bothered on the broadcast when NBC cut to shots of Shula and the old Baltimore Colts. Imagine living in Cleveland and watching a Ravens game where they cut to old Browns highlights--those crybabies would melt.

Yesterday it occurred to me that it's been nearly 20 years since 9/11, and the buildings were only 28 years old when they were brought down.

Blog Entries

I picked the Colts in an upset. So why am I not upset? LOL... Bc

Blog Entries

you guys are still whining about the colts leaving town? Do you remember how Baltimore got the Ravens?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    you guys are still whining about the colts leaving town? Do you remember how Baltimore got the Ravens?
    Rwt, you make a good point (as usual). However, there were differences. Irsay "stole" the Colts in the dead of night. Meanwhile, Mr. Modell wanted a new stadium, but IIRC Cleveland built one for the Indians, the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, and another museum that I cannot recall. That sent a message to Modell that the Browns were 2nd class citizens in the city. When Baltimore gave him a pretty lucrative option, whet choice did he have?
    Again, please refresh my memory if I am incorrect... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Rwt, you make a good point (as usual). However, there were differences. Irsay "stole" the Colts in the dead of night. Meanwhile, Mr. Modell wanted a new stadium, but IIRC Cleveland built one for the Indians, the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, and another museum that I cannot recall. That sent a message to Modell that the Browns were 2nd class citizens in the city. When Baltimore gave him a pretty lucrative option, whet choice did he have?
    Again, please refresh my memory if I am incorrect... Bc
    People seem to forget that NFL teams are a business, if it is not supported or cannot maintain it's self financially they have to look elsewhere, they are no different then Amazon who had almost every city in the US drooling over them to have their HQ based in their state. Amazon actually offers something that NFL teams can't and that is job's 365 24/7.

Modell did give Cleveland a chance to keep his team in Cleveland, but the politicians did not think the investment was financially prudent or did not think he would actually move the team.

Exactly. It's not as if the Colts have been the only team to relocate. Heck, the Super could end up being played between the LA/San Diego/LA Chargers and the Cleveland/LA/St.Louis/LA Rams.

Blog Entries

Next season let's do an RSR outing and all buy tickets to see the Baltimore Colts play the Cleveland Browns. Oh wait, well, at least of those teams is still in the NFL.

I'm pulling like crazy for the Chargers. I rooted hard against the Chargers last week.

I had Indy too......they got their asses kicked up front. But I don't think the Chiefs can do that two weeks in a row.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans