Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Cam wants to mentor LJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    The only people who think anything cam said is racist are white supremist/racist
    No, not "only". There are also people who are uninformed.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Bb told Lamar to switch to wr??
    I got Polian ahead of BB as a GM. Not as a coach, obvsly. But BB often drafts less than brilliantly.

I don't see Lamar falling for the race bait though so we shouldn't attack Lamar over this. I see Lamar working his butt off and showing what he can do on the field.

Blog Entries

This Cam?

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by cj-audio View Post
    https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/09/nfl...watson-comment

Racist crap???? Every year it’s the same ol stuff but a different qb. Open your eyes
    Yeah, you really can't argue against most of that article.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Um, they are.

Much less so in the NFL than in college. And less in college than in HS. I'm gonna guess, less in HS than in youth ball. But:

Did our starting QB, who just a few days ago finished the season as the highest-rated 21yo QB in league history, not get told by possibly the greatest GM ever that he should switch to WR? That doesn't happen to big-armed white guys, even when they are total fucking clods like Josh Allen.
    Lol that's because LJ is 6'3 and runs a 4.3

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    The only people who think anything cam said is racist are white supremist/racist
    same inbreds who turned on LJ.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    Yeah, you really can't argue against most of that article.
    In reading that article, how do you combat this? You go out there and SHOW on the field that the stereotype is wrong. It's wasted time to complain how unfair stereotypes are. Jews are stereotyped. Whites are stereotyped. Men. Women. That's what we as humans do. But I can either waste time saying, "not fair." Or I can go out and prove you wrong by my works/actions. And sometimes you still won't change an ignorant person's mind. Who cares. That is that person's problem. This is how Russell Wilson responding to this.

Lamar is not whining/complaining. He's working and will prove his haters wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    In reading that article, how do you combat this? You go out there and SHOW on the field that the stereotype is wrong. It's wasted time to complain how unfair stereotypes are. Jews are stereotyped. Whites are stereotyped. Men. Women. That's what we as humans do. But I can either waste time saying, "not fair." Or I can go out and prove you wrong by my works/actions. And sometimes you still won't change an ignorant person's mind. Who cares. That is that person's problem. This is how Russell Wilson responding to this.

Lamar is not whining/complaining. He's working and will prove his haters wrong.
    Sorry, but that reads like an accusation against anyone who speaks up in the face of racism. Not much different than "Shut up and dribble".

Acknowledging racism doesn't mean someone is not working hard.

Lamar just finished his rookie season and was just getting his feet wet. If he chooses to take up Cam's offer, I don't think it should reflect negatively on him. Mentorship, in all things, is important. That said, one should pick their mentors wisely.

I think RGIII is doing a great job with Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Sorry, but that reads like an accusation against anyone who speaks up in the face of racism. Not much different than "Shut up and dribble".

Acknowledging racism doesn't mean someone is not working hard.

Lamar just finished his rookie season and was just getting his feet wet. If he chooses to take up Cam's offer, I don't think it should reflect negatively on him. Mentorship, in all things, is important. That said, one should pick their mentors wisely.

There will always be racism. Sexism. Classism. One can whine and complain about it or overcome it. There will be those (even Ravens fans) that won't ever like Lamar. So what? Go out there and perform. So yeah, "shut up and dribble." Not taking stupid knees and holding up fists.

Thread closed in 3... 2...

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    This is where I'm at. Sign back Rob Griffin and help Lamar from in house. Cam should be a non-story.

Russell Wilson for the record was considered an Uncle Tom for not being outspoken enough - as are/were other such black or dare I say mixed race QBs. Including Griffin himself.

If you don't believe me, Google Wilson or Griffin and "Uncle Tom" and you'll see the articles.