Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Re: Cam wants to mentor LJ

Cam back on his black Panthers crap.

I'd rather have Rusell Wilson mentoring him.

Quote Originally Posted by MosDef View Post
    I'd rather have Rusell Wilson mentoring him.
    Someone that isn't going to feed him all that racist crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    TOO LATE for that baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    What racist crap?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    What racist crap?
    "White QBs are treated differently"

Shut up man.. its because of your size not your race and LJ isn't going to get many calls not sliding or running out of bounds.

I don't want to get into all that race stuff but it's funny how Wilson is probably the best black QB ever and you never hear him talk about race and the struggles of being a black QB.

Blog Entries

While I think that Cam's comments have some merit, I think he's misguiding Lamar. Cam is built like a TE. He was able to withstand those hits for a long period of time. Due to his body, he is an anomaly, and even he is beginning to break down and still questioned for his accuracy. Yet, somehow, Wilson is seen by a contingent of the black community as a 'White-black' guy. So, while I do feel that there is still the residue of that 'Black QB' perception, there is still a tried and true way of Quarterbacking, in order to win a Super Bowl. The closest thing to a running QB to win it in the past twenty years was Wilson, and he only ran in case of emergencies. That offense was built around Lynch. If Jackson were slinging it from the pocket for 300 yards, nobody would care what color he was. Now, may they have a shorter leash if things go south? Possibly. I know that in Pittsburgh, for example, there is a part of that in their desire to constantly see Tomlin fired after every rough patch, despite the man not having a losing season, ever.

But the irony in this is that Jackson's strength as a thrower is in the pocket, more to your stereotypical white QB. Wilson and Mahomes, for example, have extensive baseball backgrounds that have aided them significantly in their ability to throw on the run. Kyler Murray is in that same boat. Jackson can scramble and he may keep his eyes up field, but he is not a guy who is going to be consistently good throwing on the run and being given a lot of rollouts.

Jackson's downfall will be if the coaching staff continues to rely too heavily on his legs. So, for Newton to tell Jackson to be who he is, as if he needs to continue to be comfortable doing that, is doing Jackson a disservice.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Teach What?

To not jump on fumbles in the superbowl? To be a whiney crybaby front running sore loser? Bad sportsmanship when you win? To go out of his way to take stuff from children fans and toss it in the garbage? To offend women? To cry about getting hit? To steal laptops?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Teach What?

To not jump on fumbles in the superbowl? To be a whiney crybaby front running sore loser? Bad sportsmanship when you win? To go out of his way to take stuff from children fans and toss it in the garbage? To offend women? To cry about getting hit? To steal laptops?
    Seriously. Last guy I want in Lamar's ear.

Like there's any wisdom Cam is going to impart that RG3 hasn't already talked to him about.

Quote Originally Posted by MosDef View Post
    I don't want to get into all that race stuff but it's funny how Wilson is probably the best black QB ever and you never hear him talk about race and the struggles of being a black QB.
    Right? Cam just complains like a bitch.