Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Chargers just changed how the NFL plays defense (How they beat the Ravens)

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Like I said. When you face a high school offense, you think like a high school defense. Those type of formations are very prevalent in high school defense.
    Quarters and cover 3 are high school defenses?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Re: The Chargers just changed how the NFL plays defense (How they beat the Ravens)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    It's more so loading up up front with Bear packages and 5-2 formations, things of that nature, but there isn't much middle ground in high school down here. You don't see a lot of cover-2 and you don't see a lot of man. It's heavy one way or heavy the other with the deep coverage. For example, Hereford used to kill 5-2 fronts, but struggle against deeper zone coverages when they were forced to pass.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't deny some of your assumptions here. However, don't take this wrong, but I think you're being a MMQB. Did you criticize our offense when Flacco went down then LJ took the Ravens to a 6 - 1 record and a playoff berth. Something we hadn't seen in four years.
    Fantasy land = LJ throws a long TD pass and we beat the Chargers 24 - 23, and we're all partying in the streets. The saying is true "success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan."
    ... Bc
    6-1 was irrelevant in the 3rd quarter of the playoff game with -4 passing yards and the Chargers seemly having figured Lamar out. At the point nothing matters but winning the game. Every game is it's own entity. Also, it's pretty impossible to be a MMQB when you're at the game and can see what's going on. Although I didn't boo or chant for Flacco, I wanted Harbaugh to bring him in because it was painfully obvious to me and most others they weren't going to win with Lamar that day. That's not MMQB'ing. This was an EPIC FAIL on Harbaugh's a part not try it.

Nope, Chargers run Cover 3 all the time regardless of who they play. There's not much variation.

No one can argue that the line played bad. However, Lamar was definitely holding the ball too long and gun shy on several occasions. He also missed some open guys. It was so bad that, not only could Flacco have just thrown checkdowns and been a vast improvement, but Rivers resigned himself to just throwing checkdowns, because that’s all they needed and with one deep play thrown in they were still up by twenty.
    Flacco would of been on ir by 2nd quarter

I read somewhere that the Chargers were possibly tipped off by Ronnie Stanleys stance.If this is true that would explain a lot.They knew what was coming.

Blog Entries

It's more so loading up up front with Bear packages and 5-2 formations, things of that nature, but there isn't much middle ground in high school down here. You don't see a lot of cover-2 and you don't see a lot of man. It's heavy one way or heavy the other with the deep coverage. For example, Hereford used to kill 5-2 fronts, but struggle against deeper zone coverages when they were forced to pass.
    I found a few articles that touch on it, in case you may want to give them a read:

http://noceilingsfootball.com/analyz...days-offenses/
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ics-of-cover-3
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I found a few articles that touch on it, in case you may want to give them a read:

http://noceilingsfootball.com/analyz...days-offenses/
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ics-of-cover-3
    http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...attack-cover-3
    https://nationalfootballpost.com/ins...ybook-cover-3/

Here's a couple more. I think the first one I found in the post I quoted explained it best, as to why it's largely a high school defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    6-1 was irrelevant in the 3rd quarter of the playoff game with -4 passing yards and the Chargers seemly having figured Lamar out. At the point nothing matters but winning the game. Every game is it's own entity. Also, it's pretty impossible to be a MMQB when you're at the game and can see what's going on. Although I didn't boo or chant for Flacco, I wanted Harbaugh to bring him in because it was painfully obvious to me and most others they weren't going to win with Lamar that day. That's not MMQB'ing. This was an EPIC FAIL on Harbaugh's a part not try it.
    While my hat is off to you for attending the playoff game, we wouldn't have been there without LJ's impact bringing the Ravens to that 6 - 1 season ending record. So the 6 - 1 was relevant or you would have been home watching a different playoff team in action. I'm not happy with the outcome either, and perhaps MMQB was a little sharp on my part, but bringing Flacco in would have opened a different can of worms. We'll just have be satisfied that Marty is gone and a new OC (Roman) is in charge... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    Actually, had Flacco not done well in the first game against the Steelers, 6-1 wouldn't have mattered one bit. So to sit there and say Flacco had nothing to do with getting us in the playoffs, you are wrong.
    if Flacco didn’t go 4-5 we could of been fighting for bye

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackbyrd View Post
    I read somewhere that the Chargers were possibly tipped off by Ronnie Stanleys stance.If this is true that would explain a lot.They knew what was coming.
    I read the same thing. Supposedly, Stanley's positioning of his feet was a giveaway. Feet parallel=run; one foot behind the other = pass. IF that's true (is that POSSIBLE?) Joe D or someone should be on the street.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.