Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Convert Jimmy Smith to FS.

There will be some changes at safety - will Weddle return? I don't think he's interested in a pay cut and has said he will play for the Ravens or retire.
    Jefferson may be odd man out if he doesn't agree to a pay cut. They still have Levine and Chuck Clark. There's Deshon Elliott in the wings, not sure how good he will be.

They'll likely need to add another piece but not sure Jimmy is the answer

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

2. Re: Convert Jimmy Smith to FS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    There will be some changes at safety - will Weddle return? I don't think he's interested in a pay cut and has said he will play for the Ravens or retire.
    Jefferson may be odd man out if he doesn't agree to a pay cut. They still have Levine and Chuck Clark. There's Deshon Elliott in the wings, not sure how good he will be.

They'll likely need to add another piece but not sure Jimmy is the answer
    I think they restructure TJ’s deal this past offseason...he ain’t going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Laxdad Carr has exceeded every expectation I had of him after arriving from Dallas. Plus he's doing amazing things in our community. Glad he's a Raven!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    For sure. Love the dude. But he’s not getting younger. At some point he needs to be replaced.

Blog Entries

I don’t see jimmy as the type to be able to convert to safety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A $12 million free safety? That's worse than a $12 million corner. If you are going to do this the price has to come way down.
    It's actually nearly $16MM. (Base $9,500,000; Signing: $2,600,000; Restructed: $3,750,685)

And you're right.

The only way he's back is if they cut and resign him because there's not a great market for him. I don't see that happening. Someone will pay him to play corner.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    For sure. Love the dude. But he’s not getting younger. At some point he needs to be replaced.

Carr has 1 year left at reasonable money. He’ll replaced after that. No reason to do it early

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    I think they restructure TJ’s deal this past offseason...he ain’t going anywhere.

They did but I'm pretty sure the next two years of his contract are not guaranteed. Which would make him expendable if they felt like that was the right move.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Jimmy is on the wrong side of 30, has been injury prone, never played Safety, and is expensive. What's to think about?
    As far as Weddle not wanting to take a pay cut, I don't think he has a choice. At his age the market is limited. I believe he would accept less to stay a Raven... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Jimmy is on the wrong side of 30, has been injury prone, never played Safety, and is expensive. What's to think about?
    As far as Weddle not wanting to take a pay cut, I don't think he has a choice. At his age the market is limited. I believe he would accept less to stay a Raven... Bc
    I think they can work something out with Weddle that is fair to both sides. Make some of his base salary incentive compensation. He just earned and extra million this year so he probably feels good about betting on himself and his team to hit those goals.

10. Re: Convert Jimmy Smith to FS.

I think they can work something out with Weddle that is fair to both sides. Make some of his base salary incentive compensation. He just earned and extra million this year so he probably feels good about betting on himself and his team to hit those goals.
    Agreed, he already said publicly that he'll just retire if the Ravens don't want him at all.

11. Re: Convert Jimmy Smith to FS.

I personally think Jimmy as a FS is a bad idea. It's a bandaid on the position, one that has the potential to be a disaster. I'd rather see them try to make a play for Earl Thomas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Agreed, he already said publicly that he'll just retire if the Ravens don't want him at all.
    I agree with both of you. Weddle has few (if any) choices, so staying a Raven at reasonable co$t extends his career another year. At this point it's got to be a year-to-year situation for him... Bc