Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Convert Jimmy Smith to FS.

Cut him or ship his domestic abusing ass out of here.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    He'll either be in a Raven uniform next year or a trade.
    I certainly understand the cap implications, but we are starting off with a new GM and a young team. I would rather get rid of all of the older players who are part time contributors to clear our roster up just my imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Next year Weddle is around $9. Does anyone think that Jimmy Smith playing at a position he’s never played before would be better than Weddle?

You make this move to either improve the position or save money. If neither happens then what’s the point?

Would rather bring back Weddle and cut Smith. Would even more rather say g'bye to both and get $16 mil in cap room.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    He'll either be in a Raven uniform next year or a trade.
    I will bet you just about anything that Smith is not traded.

Count me as one that thinks Jimmy will be back. At CB.

We do need better athleticism and "ball hawkishness" at FS but I'd want that to be through the draft.

I also think Weddle is at the end of the line. I would love for him to consider coaching here.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

They either renegotiate his deal or cut him. No one is sending draft picks to the ravens and taking on his $16MM salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    It's actually nearly $16MM. (Base $9,500,000; Signing: $2,600,000; Restructed: $3,750,685)

And you're right.

The only way he's back is if they cut and resign him because there's not a great market for him. I don't see that happening. Someone will pay him to play corner.
    Yikes. If this is accurate, and knowing Shas, I believe it is, than you can't have Jimmy on the team next year making that kind of money, no matter what the position. He's just not that kind of player to have that much salary. If he'll take a pay cut to about half of what he's due to make, great. Otherwise, wish him well in his future endeavors.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Yikes. If this is accurate, and knowing Shas, I believe it is,

I'm just taking the numbers from OTC, which I find to be a helpful site. You'll see it allows you to do what-if scenarios to see cap impact (savings, dead money, total projected cap figure) of cutting certain players

This $16.5MM cap figure next year is also noted in Brian McFarland's analysis.

Yikes. If this is accurate, and knowing Shas, I believe it is, than you can't have Jimmy on the team next year making that kind of money, no matter what the position. He's just not that kind of player to have that much salary. If he'll take a pay cut to about half of what he's due to make, great. Otherwise, wish him well in his future endeavors.
    If there's something to spend the money on then I think you definitely consider it, but I'm not sure there's going to be many great FA additions to be made htis year.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If there's something to spend the money on then I think you definitely consider it, but I'm not sure there's going to be many great FA additions to be made htis year.
    That's not a good reason to not manage the salary cap effectively.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven
    If there's something to spend the money on then I think you definitely consider it, but I'm not sure there's going to be many great FA additions to be made this year.

That's not a good reason to not manage the salary cap effectively.
    I believe that is how to manage the $alary cap effectively... Bc