Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Six Years Ago Today The Greatest Play in Ravens History Happened

I can remember saying the same thing as the girl in this video but in a completely different context...

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Six Years Ago Today The Greatest Play in Ravens History Happened

It was the New Orleans connection. Jacoby is from here, Ed Reed also...the rest of the guys were here a week later, on a plane....and fans too I don't know how many fans have watched their team win the Superbowl in their home town, but it happened. Was quite reward for following the team since Jimmy Brown was the RB. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

CAUGHT!!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    CAUGHT!!!!

yea Gerrys call on that play is just the best

Thanks Tony!!!! I had forgotten the anniversary. I couldn't make it to Denver for that game due to having just recently been released from hospital. However, everyone at my house gathered to watch the game on the big-screen went nuts. My young teen grand-daughter literally jumped off the couch to bounce up & down in celebration.

I agree that Flacco to Jacoby Jones was the greatest of the greatest Plays in Ravens History, edging out these for my personal all-time top 10:

(2) Flacco to Brown at 0:04 vs. Vikings 2013 season

(3) Banks to Shannon Sharpe vs Jags 39-36 2000 season

(4) Ray Lewis steals interception from Eddie George for game-sealing TD in '00 playoffs

(5) Flacco to Rice at 4th & 29 vs Chargers in 2012 (esp Boldin's block on Weddle)

(6) Ed Reed's 108 Interception return vs Eagles in 2008

(7) Ray Lewis smashes Chargers' Sproles to save 2009 game

(8) McNair to Heap, dragging Merriman into end zone in 2006 for winning TD - 2006 over Chargers

(9) Ray Rice 83-yard TD to open 2009/2010 playoffs win over Patriots:

(10) Flacco to Torrey Smith for winning TD over Stillers on SNF in 2011
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Thanks Tony!!!! I had forgotten the anniversary. I couldn't make it to Denver for that game due to having just recently been released from hospital. However, everyone at my house gathered to watch the game on the big-screen went nuts. My young teen grand-daughter literally jumped off the couch to bounce up & down in celebration.

I agree that Flacco to Jacoby Jones was the greatest of the greatest Plays in Ravens History, edging out these for my personal all-time top 10:

(4) Ray Lewis steals interception from Eddie George for game-sealing TD in '00 playoffs

(5) Flacco to Rice at 4th & 29 vs Chargers in 2012 (esp Boldin's block on Weddle)

(8) McNair to Heap, dragging Merriman into end zone in 2006 for winning TD - 2006 over Chargers

Good list. Mine would he similar but the back to back 70 yard runs to close Texas stadium and keep our playoff Hope's alive in 08 is up there.

And it wasnt a significant play but my personal favorite was the McGahee bitch slap against Oakland in 2009(?). He freaking broke Elam's spork before breaking sporks was a thing.

Blog Entries

I think you left out this play :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFZ4Scqh4w

... Bc

We may bitch and moan, but man... this many great plays in our relatively young franchise is amazing.

Great list. Also favorites of mine:
    - Torrey Smith's first TD catch the day his little brother died (largely for the narrative as well as the play)
    - Ngata absolutely demolishing Mendenhall(?) in the backfield on the 9/11 tenth anniversary game (that whole game is a highlight reel)
    - Suggs picking of Roethlisberger at the line of scrimmage bc of how he saw Ben talk to Brown(?) in the huddle
    - The Ed Reed interception during the Dolphins playoff game where the whole defense gave him perfect blocking and he returned it for a TD
    - I feel like there should be a Derrick Mason curl out route on the list but I can't remember any one in particular that stood out, but boy was that the best signature route of any Ravens receiver I can remember.

This play did not and still doesn’t get the pub it deserves. It was so clutch

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think you left out this play :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlFZ4Scqh4w

... Bc
    Most of us forgot about that play. Sharpe was a huge part of the reason we won that year. He had big catches against the Titans in the playoffs too.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock