Page 5 of 80 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Marty is Gone!! Roman promoted to OC

#FearTheRomanEmpire

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Finally!
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    We still need playmakers.

We still need a better OL

This doesn’t fix the offense. But I think it’s an appropriate step in the right direction.
    How longer are we going to accept this? Its the same song and dance for ever.
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Good move....but they still gotta do more imo.
    They gotta bring in someone else with a passing game focus.

His pass scheme wasn’t the problem.

His play calling was.
    I think there were problems with both but it's hard to say how much they were limiting both the play design and the play selection based on confidence in Jackson. I actually probably have less of an issue with Marty than most on this board b/c I think he was doing his best with a highly limited QB and low-talent supporting cast.

I just can't get excited by Harbaugh doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on continuity yet again. This move means next year's offense will be this year's offense again and so you can kiss Jackson's developmental goodbye.

6. Re: Marty is Gone!! Roman promoted to OC

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I really hope this is true...
    You and me and probably millions of others. Hallelujah!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I hope he takes a position somewhere's else. Keeping him around after losing the OC position doesn't make much sense from a chemistry standpoint.

Blog Entries

RWT is doing back flips right now LOL

His pass scheme wasn’t the problem.

His play calling was.
    I guess that's basically where I am. Marty's two full seasons as OC were last year and this: and on tape we see open WRs. Last year they sucked, and tipped the ball to the defenders; this year Lamar missed them. It seemed as if the scheme or design was good. But I've never loved him as a play-caller. Too pass-happy or soft or whacky or something, going back to – well hell, going all the way back to SF.

Roman seems to have a better "feel" for play-calling, keeping the opponent off-balance. My concern about Roman would be his passing game, scheme & design & stuff.

Keeping Marty as "passing game coordinator" or "designer" or whatever, and shifting play-calling duties over to Roman, might be an ideal division of responsbility.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    I think there were problems with both but it's hard to say how much they were limiting both the play design and the play selection based on confidence in Jackson. I actually probably have less of an issue with Marty than most on this board b/c I think he was doing his best with a highly limited QB and low-talent supporting cast.

I just can't get excited by Harbaugh doubling, tripling, quadrupling down on continuity yet again. This move means next year's offense will be this year's offense again and so you can kiss Jackson's developmental goodbye.
    Good point about the continuity piece. Steve B is a big on this and it clearly shows since every time JH makes a change it's always from the inside. Seems to be allergic to outside hires unless there's absolutely no one to promote from within. Further evidence that JH still doesn't have control of his staff. Pretty sure he was asked to make a change.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im more worried about Hammock possibly leaving. hes done a fantastic job with our RBs.
    Agree, he's been fabulous.

12. Re: Marty is Gone!! Roman promoted to OC

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While I hope it's true (just like Wink taking over for Pees), I haven't read this anywhere. Anyone see this on an official site? ... Bc
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...ve-coordinator