Page 3 of 80 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Marty is Gone!! Roman promoted to OC

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Thread title is misleading - Marty isn’t gone, just in a new role... No longer OC
    Any firm word on that? What’s the new role.

All I’ve heard officially is that Roman is OC. I haven’t heard anything on whether Marty is moving up or moving out. Links would be very helpful.

And if he becomes “Offensive Consultant, Associate Head Coach” or something like that, what will his actual role be?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While I hope it's true (just like Wink taking over for Pees), I haven't read this anywhere. Anyone see this on an official site? ... Bc
    it doesnt get any more reliable than Jeff Z. He'd never post anything like that without it being confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Not fully convinced on Roman.

Run scheme is obviously very good.

I worry about his pass scheme but of course he gets a chance to prove himself.

I’m excited there’s been a change.

There are legit reasons to be worried about Roman (run version of Mornhinweg? ) but the gameplan against the Chargers sealed it for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Any firm word on that? What’s the new role.

All I’ve heard officially is that Roman is OC. I haven’t heard anything on whether Marty is moving up or moving out. Links would be very helpful.

And if he becomes “Offensive Consultant, Associate Head Coach” or something like that, what will his actual role be?

This is what Jeff Z reported
    https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/stat...25566900084741

I'm happy about this but reserved. Part of me can't help but think that it wont do any good because of the track record of Harbaugh and the OC's. I mean after 2017 many of us on this board were saying that if they could not fire Marty without firing harbaugh because of his inability to find stability at the OC position. I'm optimistic about this and I like Roman but can't shake the feeling that john will "Harbaugh" this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Not fully convinced on Roman.

Run scheme is obviously very good.

I worry about his pass scheme but of course he gets a chance to prove himself.

I’m excited there’s been a change.
    dramatic change is needed, but Ill take anything at this point. 1 playoff win in 6 years in unacceptable. We're not the orioles
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Hmmm. Wondering whether they’ll just offer him a step back to return to QB coach — which wouldn’t be a bad thing.

Honestly, I think Marty is pretty gifted at play design and maximizing players’ strengths. His shortcoming is in-game play calling, so I’m glad he won’t be doing that next year.

"Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I will take it.

Jeff Zrebiec

Verified account

@jeffzrebiec
    18m18 minutes ago
    More
    There could be other changes on the offensive staff as well. Running back coach Thomas Hammock is reportedly a top candidate for the head coaching job at Northern Illinois, his alma mater. Mornhinweg has been asked to remain a part of the staff in a different role.

So are they just reversing roles? Marty the
    Passing Game Coordinator?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 01-11-2019 at 10:16 AM.

Let's not get excited yet. Marty is staying on and could easily get moved to "passing game coordinator" thereby creating no real change.

No doubt in my mind Harbaugh was told he needed to make a change on offense. Rearranging titles while actually changing as little as possible would be very "on brand" for him

Blog Entries

I would have preferred a clean break from the offensive coaches on this staff but I guess I should have known that wasn't going to happen. Roman is probably a pretty good option at getting the most out of LJ.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Glad he is finally gone.... hopefully it makes things better
    And that there is better adjustments at halftime if needed.

Last edited by DonC; 01-11-2019 at 10:26 AM.