Page 73 of 80 FirstFirst ... 7172737475 ... LastLast

Re: Marty is Gone!! Roman promoted to OC

Ed you're honestly the MVP of the board right now the film has been awesome!
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Roman's offenses in SF and Buffalo had among the LEAST passing attempts per game in those years. BUT! They were very efficient when passing. Productive per attempt: yards, first downs, and scores. They were top-5 in Football Outsiders efficiency metric as a passing offense Kaep's first 2 years in SF, until the wheels fell off in '14. (Wheels fell off = they fell to the #16 offense, ie average.) Tyrod Taylor posted the best passer rating of his career with Roman in '15 -- not by a little either, a full 10 pts higher than in any other season.
    This was on Twitter yesterday:

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/...56281630838785

Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt (in starts)
    QB with Greg Roman without
    Alex Smith 6.34 5.71
    Kaepernick 6.38 5.51
    Tyrod Taylor 6.44 5.21
    Lamar Jackson 9.15 5.87

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    This was on Twitter yesterday:

https://twitter.com/ScottBarrettDFB/...56281630838785

Adjusted Net Yards per Attempt (in starts)
    QB with Greg Roman without
    Alex Smith 6.34 5.71
    Kaepernick 6.38 5.51
    Tyrod Taylor 6.44 5.21
    Lamar Jackson 9.15 5.87
    Jim, I believe we’re also the highest scoring team through 3 games. A bit of uncharted territory there.

All the credit goes to Lamar he is a totally different qb then last year. OC's get way too much credit and blame around here

5. Re: Marty is Gone!! Roman promoted to OC

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    All the credit goes to Lamar he is a totally different qb then last year. OC's get way too much credit and blame around here
    I'd say that Greg Roman is great.

Last year, the Ravens w/ Lamar lost in the regular season only to the Chiefs, and this year, so far, lost only to the Chiefs.

Running QB + Greg Roman = wins. And, certainly, Lamar is a great runner at QB. Should continue to get wins, provided that the running QB continues to run when necessary.

The Ravens lost because the 2nd Q didn't include enough running. Even ineffective running (and ineffective running is extremely rare with the Ravens) would have prevented the Chiefs from getting the ball and scoring at the end of the 2nd Q.

Disappointed the Ravens won't be going 19-0 this year, but I expect a whole lot of wins and very few losses this year, provided the QB runs are there.

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say it's all Lamar. I'm no film expert, but it seems to me just by watching the games, we are seeing a lot more vertical routes and more varied routes in general than we've seen in recent years. Someone more knowledgeable than me can comment as to whether that's true or not. It's hard for me to say if that's true, or if Trestman/Marty were calling similar things and Joe just wasn't pulling the trigger on them, content instead to check it down.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I will say for the first time since Kubiak I'm happy with our OC. He seems to have a plan, unlike Morningmeth, he doesn't slant to heavily one way or the other, etc. He seems to want to dictate to the defense what we're going to do, not the other way around.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

8. Re: Marty is Gone!! Roman promoted to OC

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I wouldn't say it's all Lamar. I'm no film expert, but it seems to me just by watching the games, we are seeing a lot more vertical routes and more varied routes in general than we've seen in recent years. Someone more knowledgeable than me can comment as to whether that's true or not. It's hard for me to say if that's true, or if Trestman/Marty were calling similar things and Joe just wasn't pulling the trigger on them, content instead to check it down.
    We finally have personel who can stretch the field instead of guys like Crabtree and Maclin. The best we've had since Torrey was Mike Wallace and that wasn't keeping any DC's awake at night. I don't know what took so long, there were plenty of opportunities to take such players instead of guys like Tim Jernigan, Correa, Bowser, or Tim Williams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    Jim, I believe we’re also the highest scoring team through 3 games. A bit of uncharted territory there.
    Steve, looks like you're right :

Ravens = 110 points

Patriots = 106 points

Chiefs = 101 points

No team in the NFC has 100 points yet... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Steve, looks like you're right :

Ravens = 110 points

Patriots = 106 points

Chiefs = 101 points

No team in the NFC has 100 points yet... Bc
    That a stat I never thought I would see.
    Only if the defense was on par to be #1 like last year now that would be something amazing to see
    #1 offense and the #1 Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I will say for the first time since Kubiak I'm happy with our OC. He seems to have a plan, unlike Morningmeth, he doesn't slant to heavily one way or the other, etc. He seems to want to dictate to the defense what we're going to do, not the other way around.
    Agreed 100%. Marty seemed to develop his game plan like he was playing Madden on rookie mode and was going to call they plays he wanted without any regards to the opposing defense. With Roman, you can see in the first three games that each game plan is tailored to the specific opponent. I don't have any concerns that Roman is going to get caught with his pants down like Marty in the AFC wildcard game against the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    That a stat I never thought I would see.
    Only if the defense was on par to be #1 like last year now that would be something amazing to see
    #1 offense and the #1 Defense
    That would be like late 90s broncos stuff

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk