Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Lamar's Mechanics

First off I want to say that I by no means am a QB scout or anything of the sort, but when I saw this particular throw, I thought to myself "that's what I want to see from Lamar every time"

Now, I remember a while back when Aaron Rodgers talked about how he completely changed his mechanics from college to his time starting, one of the things he added was making sure he used his legs which resulted in him basically almost jumping on every pass. Rodgers said it helped his accuracy and also added way more zip on the ball. They sometimes highlight this on SNF.

I personally have also seen top QB's like Brees, Brady, and Mahomes really rotate their upper body when throwing as opposed to just using their arm like Cam and Lamar

Now, if you look at the throw Lamar makes here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQFdW6STEyI) at 2:24 I feel like it looked like what I want to see him do every time. He had a little jump to his throw, he had to rotate his body meaning the throw came out at more of a 3/4 arm slot as opposed to looking almost sidearm, and finally the throw was a laser with pinpoint accuracy across the other side of the field, and there was no flutter to it like we usually see.

Am I on to something here, yea or nay?

Blog Entries

Re: Lamar's Mechanics

He has made some good throws. I'd like to see more zip on some of them, but if they run a WCO-type passing offense that's not a big thing.

That's why I think it's ridiculous to write him off after one game. He's a phenomenal athlete and has shown flashes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    He has made some good throws. I'd like to see more zip on some of them, but if they run a WCO-type passing offense that's not a big thing.

That's why I think it's ridiculous to write him off after one game. He's a phenomenal athlete and has shown flashes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I think your right. WCO with some of this RPO stuff would be good for Lamar. I think Snead will fit in but we need some other receivers.

Some people harp on the sidearm stuff, but that in and of itself I don't have a problem with, provided he gets the ball where it needs to go when it needs to get there. Shoot, Mahomes threw that sick no look pass against us that everyone lost their minds about (rightfully so - I just shook my head in disbelief). The key is accuracy and timing. While I will say that I have seen him make some really nice throws and hit the receiver in stride, there are just too many that are just nowhere close. And some that are close, but sail. I've noticed that a lot on balls downfield and to the edges, that his ball sails. One ball on Sunday that a TE tried to make a leaping catch on the sideline seemed to sail on him, and he threw one deep ball that landed 10 yards out of bounds that was bad. Look, they all miss throws, it just seems like Lamar misses too many. It's logical to expect that he'll show improvement, but it just seems to me that he's starting from too far down to get where he needs to be. One thing's for sure, we're all going to find out together.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I think your right. WCO with some of this RPO stuff would be good for Lamar. I think Snead will fit in but we need some other receivers.
    Lamar and Snead appear to have good chemistry, and of course him being a slot receiver doing much of his work over the middle of the field helps. Brown was non-existant for the 2nd half, and Crabtree didn't do much either before catching the two TDs on Sunday. Part of me would like to cut Crabtree, but I could see them bringing him and Snead back next year, letting Brown go and (hopefully) getting a 1st or 2nd round WR to play opposite of Crabtree with Snead staying in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    Some people harp on the sidearm stuff, but that in and of itself I don't have a problem with, provided he gets the ball where it needs to go when it needs to get there. Shoot, Mahomes threw that sick no look pass against us that everyone lost their minds about (rightfully so - I just shook my head in disbelief). The key is accuracy and timing. While I will say that I have seen him make some really nice throws and hit the receiver in stride, there are just too many that are just nowhere close. And some that are close, but sail. I've noticed that a lot on balls downfield and to the edges, that his ball sails. One ball on Sunday that a TE tried to make a leaping catch on the sideline seemed to sail on him, and he threw one deep ball that landed 10 yards out of bounds that was bad. Look, they all miss throws, it just seems like Lamar misses too many. It's logical to expect that he'll show improvement, but it just seems to me that he's starting from too far down to get where he needs to be. One thing's for sure, we're all going to find out together.
    His sideline passes sail because of his poor footwork
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    His sideline passes sail because of his poor footwork
    I don't doubt it. We'll see if he can clean that up and fix the issue.

Here's a look at Bad Lamar.

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/st...17864749305861

Brett, the reviewer/analysis isn't a Ravens fan tmk, but he gets so frustrated at watching Lamar's technique breaking-down that you'd think that he is.

Anyway, it's a good snapshot of the type of isht that he absolutely has to fix over the next 8 months. I'm no more or less optimistic about his year 2 as any other rookie, but the club has to put the structure around him, and he has a lot of work to put in.

EDIT: Brett does film/technique analysis for SB Nation and has an excellent break YT channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/brettkollmann
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Here's a look at Bad Lamar.

https://twitter.com/BrettKollmann/st...17864749305861

Brett, the reviewer/analysis isn't a Ravens fan tmk, but he gets so frustrated at watching Lamar's technique breaking-down that you'd think that he is.

Anyway, it's a good snapshot of the type of isht that he absolutely has to fix over the next 8 months. I'm no more or less optimistic about his year 2 as any other rookie, but the club has to put the structure around him, and he has a lot of work to put in.

EDIT: Brett does film/technique analysis for SB Nation and has an excellent break YT channel.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/brettkollmann
    That’s a good breakdown. Lamar wasn’t seeing the field well at all that day and he wasn’t relying on his fundamentals.

He needs to do footwork and throwing drills literally every day this off-season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He needs to do footwork and throwing drills literally every day this off-season.
    The thing is, I think he's the kind of kid who will.

Blog Entries

Lamar's Mechanics

I’m really excited to see how he progresses going into the offseason as the qb1 and getting a full offseason and training camp worth of reps and coaching.

August can’t come soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

will he be holding a passing camp with the WRs?
    :DUCKS: