Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. The coaching role changes.

So Roman is OC, Ingram moves to TE coach and they asked Marty to be WR coach (dont think he took it yet). But to me this is pretty much equivalent to putting lipstick on a pig. It's pretty much the same pig.

Why not just fire the guys and start fresh? We are starting the 2019 season with a new QB. Personally we need to bring in a fresh staff to build around his skillset and help were he is lacking.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Re: The coaching role changes.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    So Roman is OC, Ingram moves to TE coach and they asked Marty to be WR coach (dont think he took it yet). But to me this is pretty much equivalent to putting lipstick on a pig. It's pretty much the same pig.

Why not just fire the guys and start fresh? We are starting the 2019 season with a new QB. Personally we need to bring in a fresh staff to build around his skillset and help were he is lacking.

Pretty sure I saw on Twitter that MM was moving on from the team, I'll look again

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Well you could easily argue Roman is the right guy for Lamar. He's worked with a QB like Kaep and IMO developed his arm decently well (Remember, Kaep's ceiling was not nearly as high as Lamars).

Retaining Engram I don't understand, but as I always say, it's really hard to understand what the impact of the positional coach is.

The other thing is, who is out there to bring in?

I constantly read "We need to bring in an innovative young coach". Well that's great and all, but who? And why them?

There's a few guys out there I would have been interested in, but I don't think Roman is a horrible guy, he just needs to prioritize developing Lamar's arm rather than prioritizing the running game (though, don't be fooled, we're going ot have a strong running game next year).

As for throwing lipstick on the pig, I think the biggest flaw with this team from an offensive coaching perspective this year was the play calling. Marty lacked a good understanding of the flow of the game, both with Lamar and Joe. It just never realy made sense what he was doing. However, this offense is not going to keep developing unless they bring in some playmakers and add another piece or 2 to the OL.

So I guess I would ask, who did you want brought in and why are they better than Roman?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blah blah.

Whatever.

It's a boxing match out there and the rest are details, throwing run an catch. Show me the more physical team and I'll show you the winner.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

5. Re: The coaching role changes.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Well you could easily argue Roman is the right guy for Lamar. He's worked with a QB like Kaep and IMO developed his arm decently well (Remember, Kaep's ceiling was not nearly as high as Lamars).

Retaining Engram I don't understand, but as I always say, it's really hard to understand what the impact of the positional coach is.

The other thing is, who is out there to bring in?

I constantly read "We need to bring in an innovative young coach". Well that's great and all, but who? And why them?

There's a few guys out there I would have been interested in, but I don't think Roman is a horrible guy, he just needs to prioritize developing Lamar's arm rather than prioritizing the running game (though, don't be fooled, we're going ot have a strong running game next year).

As for throwing lipstick on the pig, I think the biggest flaw with this team from an offensive coaching perspective this year was the play calling. Marty lacked a good understanding of the flow of the game, both with Lamar and Joe. It just never realy made sense what he was doing. However, this offense is not going to keep developing unless they bring in some playmakers and add another piece or 2 to the OL.

So I guess I would ask, who did you want brought in and why are they better than Roman?
    Im all for the promotion of Roman. Its the demotions of Ingram and MM to other positions that makes me wonder why? If they didnt succeed in their current position, move on from them.

Im all for the promotion of Roman. Its the demotions of Ingram and MM to other positions that makes me wonder why? If they didnt succeed in their current position, move on from them.

Engram was a lateral move. He's still a positional coach.

From what I could understand of the MM thing, they wanted to keep him becuase they value him, but 1) they knew teams wanted Roman as their OC so they give him OC to keep him in Baltimore (https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/stat...69304084488194) and 2) they probably liked MM from a play design perspective, but didn't like his play calling.

At the end of the day, if Roman was getting interest around the league the Ravens decided that Greg Roman is more important to the team than Marty, which makes sense because the success down the stretch was largely due to Greg Roman's run scheme.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Should have fired Marty M. outright. I don't want him having any influence over our offense. Period!... Bc

I think judging an offense and the people behind it after it was implemented halfway through the year and off of ONE bad game isn’t a wise move...

The Ravens had one of the most prolific rushing offenses over that stretch in the history of the NFL (most rushing yards in 6 game stretch since the bears in the 80s). This move makes sense - sure, Marty did a terrible job adjusting his scheme to counter the Charger’s dime formation, but let’s not call it “lipstick on a pig”.... I’d take that pig 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    I think judging an offense and the people behind it after it was implemented halfway through the year and off of ONE bad game isn’t a wise move...

The Ravens had one of the most prolific rushing offenses over that stretch in the history of the NFL (most rushing yards in 6 game stretch since the bears in the 80s). This move makes sense - sure, Marty did a terrible job adjusting his scheme to counter the Charger’s dime formation, but let’s not call it “lipstick on a pig”.... I’d take that pig 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.
    While what you post is true, I think you disregard that the Chargers were playing us for the 2nd time. They adjusted to our (LJ's) running game and other teams will as well in 2019. It's our OC who didn't adjust our game to neutralize/fool the Chargers. We were baffled until the 4th quarter when it was too little/too late. Twas time for Marty-ball to go... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While what you post is true, I think you disregard that the Chargers were playing us for the 2nd time. They adjusted to our (LJ's) running game and other teams will as well in 2019. It's our OC who didn't adjust our game to neutralize/fool the Chargers. We were baffled until the 4th quarter when it was too little/too late. Twas time for Marty-ball to go... Bc
    Oh! I agree with everything you’re saying. Marty proved to be a one punch boxer.

Roman was the mastermind behind the run game, so I was arguing against OP that we needed to gut the offensive coaching staff.... Marty called a bad game / didn’t prepare or adjust and is demoted / no longer with the team. I’m VERY happy the rest of the staff is sticking around.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Roman was the mastermind behind the run game, so I was arguing against OP that we needed to gut the offensive coaching staff.... Marty called a bad game / didn’t prepare or adjust and is demoted / no longer with the team. I’m VERY happy the rest of the staff is sticking around.
    ... Bc

I think engram is stay to teach the receiving aspect to the TEs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk