Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ozzie on Lamar

Re: Ozzie on Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Show me an example of Marty coaching up a QB on his own.
    "On his own". As if the OC gets no credit.

But ok: Jeff Garcia, 1999-2000.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    If I saw any evidence of Marty developing a QB with Eagles, Lion or Jets I would be good with him as the OC going forward.
    You know Marty's career goes back further than that, right?

Blog Entries

I’ll take him at face value and see how it plays out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    And Jim Zorn. Big influence on Joe. That’s why Cam made Harbs Fire his ass. Zorn was tryin to develop Joe intoa free thinker. Can’t have that. Cam wanted mindless “do what I say “ Joe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Zorn and Caldwell after were instrumental is Flacco’s development

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    "On his own". As if the OC gets no credit.

But ok: Jeff Garcia, 1999-2000.
    Jerry Rice and TO were the key to success in that offense. Thats not a fair year to cite, You could argue 2001 was nearly as good of a year for Garcia, and Rice had left I believe by then. I honestly dont know who the OC was in 2001. But 2001 is a better argument for Garcia
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I consider myself much on the conservative side of things, but you are way off here. So is this why you don't like Lamar? So, based on your "logic" Decosta will look for white QBs to replace Lamar with and all will be right in your little kingdom? Where's the ignore feature?
    what on earth does that statement have to do with "conservative side of things"? why did you feel the need to preface your response that way?

His comment was ignorant, politics has nothing to do with that.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I would argue that they did build the team around Flacco's play-acdtion, big arm style of play. And for the most part those are still the players here, who are not well suited for the kind of offense they need to run to get the most out of Lamar. They need linemen who can move their feet, and move the pile (e.g., Zeus Jr.s linemate at Oklahoma, Cody Ford) and they need stronger, more compact, twitchier receivers who can block, quickly get separation, and excel at YAC. Only Snead and Moore fit that description, and possibly Lasley right now. Crabtree takes forever to come out of breaks and Brown needs time to beat guys deep. They also need Dixon to tap his pass catching skills more than he showed this year...he is adept as a pass catcher, but needs to commit to the program.
    Im glad to see you posting more Shas.

Id argue in that sense that Joe could have really used twitchy YAC WRs the last few years as well. As a core I think he has everything he needs. He does have those types available, but he also has a possesion WR and a deep threat. while he may lean more on those other types, I think any WR core still needs to have those other types to A) keep a defense honest B) gameplan to match weaknesses that vary.

I think this team has everything he needs. your point about the OL id mostly agree with. I think we could use some upgrades there, but i look at his 8 games and come away feeling the OL played pretty darn well minus 1 game. I dont think theyre entirely the problem either. partially because they pass blocked relatively well at the beginning of the year, and when Jackson was throwing in those other 7 games, they did pretty well too. I think the chargers had a good game plan and good players and we werent ready for it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Its TOO BAD they didn't think of this with Joe - what a radical concept - build your team around your quarterback - INSTEAD of around your coach's ego!

I think I have finely figured out why they didn't do this. A lot of people won't like the answer. Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds (I know they supposedly drafted him as a wide receiver) - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish
    Your full of shit. Explain, Kyle Boller, Chris Redman, Derek Anderson, and that kid they drafted a few years ago in the 7th round. Explain signing Dilfet, Grbac, Schuab, Mallett, etc. The Ravens dont give a damn about the color of a player. They want the best player on the field.

I'd also like to point out that Joe wasnt surrounded by scrubs. He had good talent around him early in his career. I think Joe's contract AND the massive dead money from Rice, Pitta and Monroe limited the talent they could afford on offense. They felt they needed to prioritize defense because they knew Joe couldn't consistently carry them like his pay check said he should.