Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozzie on Lamar

Ozzie on Lamar

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2517317...mpression=true

“What you saw in Sundays and Saturday was what you saw at Louisville,” Newsome said. “It’s all part of the process, going forward. We’ve got to do a better job of supporting him and giving him the resources that will help him succeed.”

Newsome expects that a strong offseason developing under offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg (who once helped resurrect Michael Vick’s career with the Eagles) and personnel moves to complement Jackson are essential. His role in aiding the process, though, is to be determined.
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Re: Ozzie on Lamar

"We’ve got to do a better job of supporting him and giving him the resources that will help him succeed.”

yeah I've seen how that plays out in baltimore...

"We need a few more pieces on defense and we'll be fine"
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

“What you saw in Sundays and Saturday was what you saw at Louisville,” Newsome said. “It’s all part of the process, going forward. We’ve got to do a better job of supporting him and giving him the resources that will help him succeed.”

Newsome expects that a strong offseason developing under offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg (who once helped resurrect Michael Vick’s career with the Eagles) and personnel moves to complement Jackson are essential. His role in aiding the process, though, is to be determined.

Its TOO BAD they didn't think of this with Joe - what a radical concept - build your team around your quarterback - INSTEAD of around your coach's ego!

I think I have finely figured out why they didn't do this. A lot of people won't like the answer. Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds (I know they supposedly drafted him as a wide receiver) - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish
    Last edited by Cleo&Dilly; 01-10-2019 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    "We’ve got to do a better job of supporting him and giving him the resources that will help him succeed.”

There's a new sheriff in town named Decosta. I am concerned about the Marty commentary, but that could be just a "for now" statement.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

funny, but sad at the same time.

I think the OL could use some upgrades, but otherwise Id say he has the tools around him right now, he just needs to be better to utilize them. I expect multiple OL taken in this draft.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I can certainly understand Ozzie's point. I think that some fans, such as myself, would have understood it better if that was the narrative they went with all along. However, the narrative they gave when Lamar was inserted was that they were focused on winning now and doing whatever it takes to win now. So, when fans see the offense struggle so mightily, while a guy who has played strong in his past, not one, not two, but seven postseason starts, is still sitting on the bench, they feel that it is worth a try to bring Flacco in. At the end of the day, nonetheless, I do understand Ozzie's point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish
    Ozzie picked up white guys too. Chris Redman, Derek Anderson, Keth Wenning, UDFA Josh Woodrum. So: bullshit.

(I know they supposedly drafted Reynolds as a wide receiver)
    "Supposedly"? Did the Ravens have Reynolds attempt even a single pass? Ever?

Welcome to my ignore list! Only the second member (after RavensDfan), so it's an exclusive club. Enjoy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Does this mean we're taking a defensive tackle with the first pick, a safety with the second pick and this years "steal of the draft" pass rusher with the 3rd pick? Of course followed up by a guard with the 4th pick?

Blog Entries

I can only hope he said 'Marty' as a generic name meaning 'currently the OC'.

Its TOO BAD they didn't think of this with Joe - what a radical concept - build your team around your quarterback - INSTEAD of around your coach's ego!

I think I have finely figured out why they didn't do this. A lot of people won't like the answer. Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds (I know they supposedly drafted him as a wide receiver) - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish
    I dont think the race of the qb has anything to do with which QB they want to develop. If they ever change their philosophy on being ridiculously hell bent on only catering to the defense.... it will be because ticket sales drop because the team is mediocre or irrelevant in the modern game
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    funny, but sad at the same time.

I think the OL could use some upgrades, but otherwise Id say he has the tools around him right now, he just needs to be better to utilize them. I expect multiple OL taken in this draft.
    the current list of skill players is above what we are used to accepting here, but I still dont think they are playoff and championship quality. I wouldnt expect Joe, Lamar or any QB to win with this cast outside of maybe a healthy Rodgers
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

y'all wanna hear a funny joke?

Marty Morhenwig and John Harbaugh in the same sentence with development and player