Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozzie on Lamar

Re: Ozzie on Lamar

i still find it funny how biscuit in last years SOTR said oz will be the highest paid scout in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    y'all wanna hear a funny joke?

Marty Morhenwig and John Harbaugh in the same sentence with development and player
    Jeff Garcia, Michael Vick, and Joe Flacco say hi.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Jeff Garcia, Michael Vick, and Joe Flacco say hi.
    lol some nice serviceable talent there

lol some nice serviceable talent there
    Two Pro Bowlers and a SB MVP. Yeah, "serviceable."

Blog Entries

Two Pro Bowlers and a SB MVP. Yeah, "serviceable."
    yeaa there is a lot more factors that goes into those guys Jim you know but i wasn't knocking you on the come back bro they had their moments.

yeaa there is a lot more factors that goes into those guys Jim you know but i wasn't knocking you on the come back bro they had their moments.
    It's not right to overlook Garcia. He led the league in TD passes in 2000-2001. That's not nothing.

7. Re: Ozzie on Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    "We’ve got to do a better job of supporting him and giving him the resources that will help him succeed.”
    Lol. The rest of the quote was left out:

"If our defense had a few more playmakers, we would have held the Chargers under 17. That's the kind of support Lamar should expect next year."

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

It's not right to overlook Garcia. He led the league in TD passes in 2000-2001. That's not nothing.
    He had his moment it's nothing to over-look for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Its TOO BAD they didn't think of this with Joe - what a radical concept - build your team around your quarterback - INSTEAD of around your coach's ego!

I think I have finely figured out why they didn't do this. A lot of people won't like the answer. Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds (I know they supposedly drafted him as a wide receiver) - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish
    LMAOOO that's the most foolishness I ever heard in my life. First off they drafted Troy (A heisman winner, in the 5th) BEFORE Flacco, and drafted Tyrod in the 6th round! and never once did anybody ever think he was better than Flacco. They finally draft a QB after Flacco has had 3 subpar seasons, and your rationale is they always wanted a black qb to replace Flacco....now I've heard it all

TO + Jerry Rice tho lol
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    TO + Jerry Rice tho lol
    lol that's why I said there were more factors in that..and how did marty or harbaugh develop Flacco? that was Cam who developed flacco not harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Its TOO BAD they didn't think of this with Joe - what a radical concept - build your team around your quarterback - INSTEAD of around your coach's ego!

I think I have finely figured out why they didn't do this. A lot of people won't like the answer. Ever since Joe came on the scene (and to a degree prior to that - with guys like Tony Banks) the Ravens have been trying to find the right black quarterback - so they drafted quys like Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor and Keenan Reynolds (I know they supposedly drafted him as a wide receiver) - only to have Joe consistently out play them. So at the end of his career they tried one more time - with Lamar. I guess they got their wish
    I agree that they did not give Joe any resources or good coaching but this comment is bad. Race has nothing to do with it. Ozzie doesn't see race. He sees offense and defense and he loves him some defense.