Page 1 of 29 123 ... LastLast

Where does Flacco Go?

I'm not sure if this was discussed as a subtext in another thread, but didn't see this subject listed. It t's active elsewhere I apologize.

I have some pretty strong feelings about Joe's departure and wish him nothing but success. However, I thought it would be fun to early in the off season before baseball kicks in to see where you all might think Joe will reasonably land, his ideal team (possible or not) and what, if anything, we can get in a trade for him.

I will say that. like 2013, he's one of the biggest FA names out there and he'll be again at the top of the market with his biggest competition being players like Sam Bradford, Teddy Bridgewater and possibly Manning and Foles if they're released. This year's draft class is further not laden with great talent.

I read that the likely teams would benefit the most are Jacksonville, Miami, Tampa Bay, Oakland, Denver, and Washington. I will add New York if they decide Eli is gone and I will also throw out that Arians is the new HC of Tampa and said he's gonna build around Winston.

So where does Joe go? Do we get anything for him? Regardless of likelihood, where's is his ideal landing spot?

Blog Entries

Re: Where does Flacco Go?

He's going to Denver.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

To be fair to Case Keenum, he had to work with two rookie WRs and the line was not the best. However, Keenum didn't help matters. In the clutch, he missed opportunities. Joe performs better in the clutch. He struggled with certain throws once the weather became more of a factor. Joe performs well in the elements. Kubiak is now the Offensive Coordinator there and I have little doubt that he'll want someone who can run his offense. Flacco had success with Kubiak in 2014 and there is a great mutual respect between the two. If there is anyone who can get the most out of an offensive line lacking pieces, it's Kubiak. They'll still have the opportunity to add a piece or two nonetheless. They have a possession WR along the boundary, a second year explosive WR with size in Courtland Sutton who, while he body catches a bit too much for my taste, has flashed his potential quite a few times already. DeSean Hamilton can line up anywhere on the field. Lindsay can catch passes and Freeman can be the workhorse. The pieces will be there.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

No way Sam Bradford gets a contract next season. No fucking way. He’s thrown 5 TDs and 4 INTs in the last two season. He’s done, finished, toast.

Dude has earned over $130 million in his career and doesn’t have a single season over 21 TDs OR a single season with a winning record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    No way Sam Bradford gets a contract next season. No fucking way. He’s thrown 5 TDs and 4 INTs in the last two season. He’s done, finished, toast.

Dude has earned over $130 million in his career and doesn’t have a single season over 21 TDs OR a single season with a winning record.

I feel you, but that dude always seems to get a deal somewhere. Maybe this is the year GMs/coaches figure that out. Maybe he plays back up somewhere too. I mention him only because he's still a big name even if he is more has-been anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    To be fair to Case Keenum, he had to work with two rookie WRs and the line was not the best. However, Keenum didn't help matters. In the clutch, he missed opportunities. Joe performs better in the clutch. He struggled with certain throws once the weather became more of a factor. Joe performs well in the elements. Kubiak is now the Offensive Coordinator there and I have little doubt that he'll want someone who can run his offense. Flacco had success with Kubiak in 2014 and there is a great mutual respect between the two. If there is anyone who can get the most out of an offensive line lacking pieces, it's Kubiak. They'll still have the opportunity to add a piece or two nonetheless. They have a possession WR along the boundary, a second year explosive WR with size in Courtland Sutton who, while he body catches a bit too much for my taste, has flashed his potential quite a few times already. DeSean Hamilton can line up anywhere on the field. Lindsay can catch passes and Freeman can be the workhorse. The pieces will be there.
    This is exactly my thought too. Denver makes a ton of sense and Joe seems like Elway's type of guy. I think he'll be appreciated there and get the support he needs.

I don't see his personality meshing with Mark Davis on the Raiders. Miami seems to be another place he could take hold. As they rebuild, they can rebuild around him for some pretty quick success. He's also beaten Brady in Foxborough and they need a player that's not intimidated by that. Ugh, now that I say it, I wonder if Brady decides to retire after this year if Belichick doesn't make a play for Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post

He will get signed on the cheap because hes a good backup. Nothing crazy.

Flacco could go to the saints if drew retires.

Blog Entries

Bradford was the last of the big contract rookies.

As for Joe, I think Denver would be his best fit, but he would be a big boost to Jax, D.C., or Miami, too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    He will get signed on the cheap because hes a good backup. Nothing crazy.

Flacco could go to the saints if drew retires.
    Brees isn't. Flacco will be a starter. Too few starter quality QBs in the NFL let alone franchise. There's at least 50/50 odds he gets traded.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Bradford was the last of the big contract rookies.

As for Joe, I think Denver would be his best fit, but he would be a big boost to Jax, D.C., or Miami, too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Yup. I had thought Jacksonville too, but they're underwater in cap space and would been to unload their top 3 defensive guys to afford his current contract. They'd still need to make big cuts to afford him on a lesser deal if he hits FA.

As everyone else has said, Denver makes the most sense with the Kubiak connection.

What happens if the Chargers go all the way this year and Rivers decides to hang it up while on top, like Elway or Manning did? I could see Joe going that way.

Or—shudders—if Brady decides to retire? I’d rather not see that. Joe deserves better than to go to that asshole fan base.

Blog Entries

The favorite is probably Denver but as I mentioned in another thread, Joe is an east coast guy and has lived here his entire life. If a team like Jax or Miami is interested I could see that potentially being more appealing to him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52