Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Off the Lamar Jackson wagon already?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMoose723 View Post
    This x 1000 and I believe he will put in the work
    If Jackson fails it will not be because of work. That was never an issue with him. He was always a safe pick on character and dedication.

The question is purely can he do it. The moves made by the front office will play a part in that as well. Will he get the best coaching and personnel support for his particular skill set? The history of the franchise would not suggest they are great at this. They never were willing or able to consistently do it with Joe. Maybe that will change with Ozzie gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal55 View Post
    Jackson will never be a super accurate QB...His strength should rely on outside the pocket throws.
    Only, outside the pocket throws are not his strength. He's not a guy in the Wilson/Mahomes mold. Those guys have heavy baseball backgrounds and are well accustomed to both, throwing on the run and off-balanced throws. Lamar is a guy who is most comfortable in the pocket, who can scramble.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Who started this bs about LJ not being able to throw? I don’t think it’s about LJ throwing I believe the coaching staff knows our teams weaknesses better then anybody on this board and puts us in the best position to win. The line is terrible and we have maybe one legitimate playmaker receiver on offense. MM can’t call a game to save his life and I hope he’s not here next year. LJ threw for almost 10,000 yard in 3 years in college. Funny thing is when deshaun Watson came out they said the same BS. Wonder why

Quote Originally Posted by cj-audio View Post
    Who started this bs about LJ not being able to throw? I don’t think it’s about LJ throwing I believe the coaching staff knows our teams weaknesses better then anybody on this board and puts us in the best position to win. The line is terrible and we have maybe one legitimate playmaker receiver on offense. MM can’t call a game to save his life and I hope he’s not here next year. LJ threw for almost 10,000 yard in 3 years in college. Funny thing is when deshaun Watson came out they said the same BS. Wonder why
    anyone with eyeballs...

Joe Flacco finished his rookie season with an 80.3 passer rating. After year two, his passer rating had increased by 8.2 points. If Lamar Jackson's passer rating increases by 8.2 points in year two, it will reach 92.7. Flacco had just two seasons with a passer rating above 90 and a career high of 93.6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This is about a 40 yard pass dropped in the bucket.

https://twitter.com/nfl/status/1082016838735646720?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Crabtree had to slow up for subtly. Good veteran move on his part.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Only, outside the pocket throws are not his strength. He's not a guy in the Wilson/Mahomes mold. Those guys have heavy baseball backgrounds and are well accustomed to both, throwing on the run and off-balanced throws. Lamar is a guy who is most comfortable in the pocket, who can scramble.
    The OL is going to have to get better. Because this 100% true. He was far more comfortable when he had a clean pocket to step up in. Moving outside the numbers he made some of the worst throws I've seen.

Really dude??? Cmon now so Flacco always threw the best footballs??

Blog Entries

Flacco's about to be out of here, so he won't even be in the discussion anymore. They'll be no point in bringing him up.

Alright so let's roll with this for a moment. It's the O line, it's the OC, and no play makers. So why didn't we give our veteran back his job then? Because I guarantee he would have had more than 3 completions, less than 10 total yards passing and a zero QB rating into the 4th quarter. If it's all these reasons for the shit show today, why didn't Flacco get his job back once he was healthy? Because it wasn't HIS fault we were 4-5 right?

We shouldn't have even been in this position with a rookie IMO. This was handled wrong from the start. Flacco should have gotten his job back. Many on this board still had us finishing at 10-6 back when we were 4-5. So no different.

But only so much can be blamed on those things you mention and a zero QB rating, with only 3 completions into the 4th quarter? That's a bit much. He played poorly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Flacco's about to be out of here, so he won't even be in the discussion anymore. They'll be no point in bringing him up.
    Flacco will continue to be a part of the conversation as long as people continue to insist the Ravens are making a mistake by getting rid of him. The funny thing is Flacco fans keep insisting that LJ fans bring up Flacco to much but everytime LJ makes a mistake or doesnt win a game, we hear about what Flacco has done or could have done.

Don't you know? Flacco is a playoff legend who has always stepped his game up. So what if his 1st, 3rd, 4th and 5th playoff game were statically worse than Jackson's first (especially the 1st, 3rd, and 4th). Hell, who cares if the Chargers defense was beating our o-line like drums all day. Flacco would have not only won, but he'd have dominated on his way to another historic playoff run. Because he did it 6 years ago