Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3738394041 ... LastLast

Re: Off the Lamar Jackson wagon already?

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Tyrod has always had bad luck in teams. Here he was stuck behind good Flacco, then went to the Bills where he played at a very high level. Then he goes to the Browns and now the Chargers.

If he'd have gone to a team with any sort of talent instead of the Browns and Bills, we'd likely be talking about a multiple pro-bowl level player. He's accurate, smart, and can run when necessary. Unfortunately for him, teams with talent typically have established QB's already.
    No tyrod sucks. He was simply turnover averse when he played with the bills he was never good by starter standards

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    It's not the right or wrong of it. It's the absolute declarations of what a player or coach is or will be that chaps my ass. It's like people don't know how to give their opinion on something without making hyperbolic declarative statements. I know it's how you stand out on a message board, but it's also why you get called out.
    Agreed. I had no problems with the "he is not there right now" or "he has a lot of work to do" crowd. I was there myself. He clearly needed work. But those guys that spoke in absolutes saying this kid "will never be accurate enough", "he will never be an nfl QB" and stuff like that pissed me off. How do you what he will never be able to do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Adam schefter is such an idiot, god damn. Had to have gotten paid for whatever that is

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Will you also say that about a thousand of your posts on Lamar were proven blatantly false
    His post on Lamar were false?! Hell his whole schtick was false. His whole argument in this board has been that the Ravens were not successful because they didnt surround Flacco with top tier talent. It wasnt that Joe had regressed. It was the offensive line, the RBs and the WRs. It was Ozzies fault for not getting DeAndre Hopkins and others. LJ came in with the same damn OL, the same receivers and the same RBs and carried this team to the playoffs last year. He came back with an almost identical cast, outside of Hollywood and Ingram and is having at a minimum a Pro Bowl season. His I told you so's for the last 5 years were wrong. Joe and his lackadaisical attitude was as much an issue as anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Adam schefter is such an idiot, god damn. Had to have gotten paid for whatever that is
    yea he rarely posts personal opinions about players. mb tygods agent reached out

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    No tyrod sucks. He was simply turnover averse when he played with the bills he was never good by starter standards
    We'll have to disagree I guess. 62% completion, 8,800 yards/51 TD's (passing), 1,575 yards/14 TD's (rushing) 16 INT's in 44 games sounds like pretty solid numbers to me, especially considering how bad the Bills and Browns are.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

In a league that has a huge need for even slightly good starting QB’s, Tyrod not catching on anywhere tells me everything I need to know about his skills.

He’s a great backup but that’s as far as it goes for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    His post on Lamar were false?! Hell his whole schtick was false. His whole argument in this board has been that the Ravens were not successful because they didnt surround Flacco with top tier talent. It wasnt that Joe had regressed. It was the offensive line, the RBs and the WRs. It was Ozzies fault for not getting DeAndre Hopkins and others. LJ came in with the same damn OL, the same receivers and the same RBs and carried this team to the playoffs last year. He came back with an almost identical cast, outside of Hollywood and Ingram and is having at a minimum a Pro Bowl season. His I told you so's for the last 5 years were wrong. Joe and his lackadaisical attitude was as much an issue as anything else.
    LJ also has a system that is, quite frankly, the most incredibly tailor fitted offense I've ever seen. Joe does need more than one good receiver and offensive line, as does most every other QB in the NFL. In our offense, the most dangerous person with the ball in their hands just happens to be the QB which means safties are gonna have to cheat up. Put Hollywood on the outside, tell him to head towards the endzone, and run a bit of play-action. That's two of the things Lamar is best at: running and throwing deep. The poor defense has to creep up because the fastest guy on the field is threatening to take off, but whoops, the second fastest guy just left the CB and safety. And you have to blitz up the middle because going wide just invites Lamar to pick up a quick 10 yards when the blitzers miss.

Comparing what Flacco had with what Jackson has is apples to oranges. I don't believe there's another QB in the league who can run our offense the way Jackson does and for that reason he has an entirely different type of supporting cast around him then other QB's need to be successful. Can you imagine Brady on our team? Rivers?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

LJ also has a system that is, quite frankly, the most incredibly tailor fitted offense I've ever seen. Joe does need more than one good receiver and offensive line, as does most every other QB in the NFL. In our offense, the most dangerous person with the ball in their hands just happens to be the QB which means safties are gonna have to cheat up. Put Hollywood on the outside, tell him to head towards the endzone, and run a bit of play-action. That's two of the things Lamar is best at: running and throwing deep. The poor defense has to creep up because the fastest guy on the field is threatening to take off, but whoops, the second fastest guy just left the CB and safety. And you have to blitz up the middle because going wide just invites Lamar to pick up a quick 10 yards when the blitzers miss.

Comparing what Flacco had with what Jackson has is apples to oranges. I don't believe there's another QB in the league who can run our offense the way Jackson does and for that reason he has an entirely different type of supporting cast around him then other QB's need to be successful. Can you imagine Brady on our team? Rivers?
    Of course Brady and Rivers are not going to run the same system as LJ but that doesnt mean they wouldn't have success with this supporting cast. But that is moving the goal anyway. My point being, if you listened to the FWO this team was devoid of talent on offense. Ozzie gave Joe crap to work with. That wasn't true at all. They have capable players on offense. And the fact that these guys are now the #1 scoring offense in the league and Joe went to Denver looking just as crappy as he did here (in the later years), proved the point that Joe himself was part of the problem. It wasnt just his supporting cast like the FWO would have you believe.

Blog Entries

The offense they have now doesn't look at all like the offenses they had around Flacco his last few years

Even last year, when Flacco went down they benched Collins, changed the blocking schemes, and started Edwards. If they'd had as effective a running game with Edwards earlier in the year (and if Crabtree had caught more passes) the offense would have looked a lot better.

Regardless, that's all water under the bridge. LJ is a dynamic talent, the offense has been retooled to fit his strengths, and they're currently rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    The offense they have now doesn't look at all like the offenses they had around Flacco his last few years

Even last year, when Flacco went down they benched Collins, changed the blocking schemes, and started Edwards. If they'd had as effective a running game with Edwards earlier in the year (and if Crabtree had caught more passes) the offense would have looked a lot better.

Regardless, that's all water under the bridge. LJ is a dynamic talent, the offense has been retooled to fit his strengths, and they're currently rolling.
    No way that Edwards is as successful with Flacco!! LJ makes the defense play completely different.
    Defenses would have keyed and held Edwards to lower totals because Flacco is one dimensional

We'll have to disagree I guess. 62% completion, 8,800 yards/51 TD's (passing), 1,575 yards/14 TD's (rushing) 16 INT's in 44 games sounds like pretty solid numbers to me, especially considering how bad the Bills and Browns are.
    I would actually feel more comfortable with Tyrod Taylor as backup than RGIII. Damn good about it.

The only question would be if he no longer wants to be a backup. Robert has embraced the role with class.