Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Thousands of postseason tickets remain...why?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Ugh. I missed both of those games. The first one was the morning after my brothers bachelor party where I was best man and we were completely and utterly wrecked. He didn't want to go and we watched at my house.

The second game I stayed home because I could not sell my other ticket. My brothers and dad did not want to go so I was working in the garage and listening. Crazy game.

Both those games were probably in the top 10 most memorable/best stadium games in Ravens history for fan experience.
    Those two are up there for sure! I'd also rank the 2002 MNF game vs. the Donks, and the 2006 SD game, where Heap caught the game-winner later. And the Minn snow game in 2013 - the only one of these that I missed (couldn't get out of my neighborhood due to the snow).

Blog Entries

Based on what I saw at the Cleveland game with the crowd size, energy and enthusiasm the PO game will be sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So you'd rather be a losing team. Got it.
    Yeah, I don't get why a high powered passing game is any more exciting than running the fuck over your opponent's D. I like watching them physically dominate.

Why are we still talking about this? Most people have moved on. We are winning. Some people just need to let it go. They can stay home and be grumpy while we scream out our lungs cheering for OUR team. Folks looking at available tickets are just trying to find something to rain on our sunny day. Must really burn them up when others seem to be genuinely excited about our winning team again. Like Mr T said, it was like the old days.

Lets move on folks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Yeah, I don't get why a high powered passing game is any more exciting than running the fuck over your opponent's D. I like watching them physically dominate.
    I mean I get that a Chuck Knox -style running game would be boring, 3yds and a cloud of dust over and over. But that's not what we have. We have inventive misdirection and option fakes opening up huge holes, and our runners picking up 7 or 12 yds. Dixon was over 9 yards per carry! Lamar had two TD runs over 20 yds (but one got called back) and another of 8. That's cool to see.

It's also interesting schematically. I don't get how someone can like football and not find this offense interesting.

I like an exciting passing offense too. However, I do not find the usual flavors of WCO to be all that interesting: 4-yd checkdown after 4-yd checkdown. (The Kubiak-Shanahan flavor of WCO is a more interesting version, with all the zone runs and the boots & stuff.) This Ravens offense is much more fun to watch than most of the watered-down dink-&-dunk WCO's we see around the league. It's not what the Rams and Chiefs have, but it's pretty cool and interesting.

If Lamar keeps freezing linebackers with option fakes and then hitting Andrews or Thor or Snead or Brown for 20yds downfield, that's interesting enough or me. Just keep scoring touchdowns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Why are we still talking about this? Most people have moved on. We are winning. Some people just need to let it go. They can stay home and be grumpy while we scream out our lungs cheering for OUR team. Folks looking at available tickets are just trying to find something to rain on our sunny day. Must really burn them up when others seem to be genuinely excited about our winning team again. Like Mr T said, it was like the old days.

Lets move on folks!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I'm driving 300 miles to come to this game. I almost did for the Browns game. I am frickin PUMPED.

At the bar on Sunday it was FULL of new Browns fans (Steelers fans). When Mosley made that pick I stood up did a loud

and walked out the door.

I hope to be doing a lot of this on Sunday!!!

It's a constellation of many issues. But above all else, stadium attendance is down throughout all major American sports except the NBA. MLB is in even worse shape in that regard than the NFL. Attendance has been down for 8 straight years and the decline is steeper, and there were no anthem protests to blame.

There's just not much reason to go to the games anymore given the quality of the experience you can have outside vs. inside the stadium, balanced against cost. Teams would have to really work hard to bring people in, and some have. The Ravens have not really put much effort into bringing people into the stadium and you can't really blame them because that's not where they're making money.

NFL teams need to fundamentally rethink their approach to stadium attendance. The next wave of NFL stadiums should be smaller, more comfortable, and focused on getting people in and making them happy to be there at a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    There's just not much reason to go to the games anymore given the quality of the experience you can have outside vs. inside the stadium, balanced against cost. Teams would have to really work hard to bring people in, and some have. The Ravens have not really put much effort into bringing people into the stadium and you can't really blame them because that's not where they're making money.
    I have said this before....staying home vs. going out is going to be cheaper and much more convenient with regards to just about anything.

Using that logic...

Why go out to a nice restaurant to have a meal versus making a gourmet meal at home?
    Why join and go to a gym or join an exercise class versus putting in a hour on your treadmill at home?
    Why go to the movies versus streaming a movie at home?
    Why go to a concert versus watching it at home?
    Why travel abroad when you can pull up some incredible YouTube videos of places at home?
    Why go to a book club when you can post about it on Reddit/books?

To each his own...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    When it happened I didn't watch as long as it continued. I cam back once it stopped. But I do know people not on this board who haven't come back and really the kneeling was the straw that broke the camels back when you add in the decline in quality of play and the over penalized games etc.
    I am not saying it didn't have any impact at all for some but mostly just saying the people still complaining about it and blaming it for attendance problems are the ones yelling at the clouds. It's a non-issue at this point as to my knowledge only Reid was still kneeling, and it was never the biggest reason for attendance problems anyway, as being a season ticket holder who attends every game, I saw firsthand that the attendance decline started several years prior to the team taking a knee in London.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    It's a constellation of many issues. But above all else, stadium attendance is down throughout all major American sports except the NBA. MLB is in even worse shape in that regard than the NFL. Attendance has been down for 8 straight years and the decline is steeper, and there were no anthem protests to blame.

NFL teams need to fundamentally rethink their approach to stadium attendance. The next wave of NFL stadiums should be smaller, more comfortable, and focused on getting people in and making them happy to be there at a low price.
    The Ravens have put a lot of effort into accommodating fans. The stadium updates, including escalators, look great. They lowered concession prices. The staff at the stadium is super friendly. So much so someone started a thread a while a go joking about it. Some of us noticed the parking situation versus the Browns was well run after the game. Most importantly, the team is totally committed to winning. It comes down to either you like to watch football live with other fans or you don't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    The Ravens have put a lot of effort into accommodating fans. The stadium updates, including escalators, look great. They lowered concession prices. The staff at the stadium is super friendly. So much so someone started a thread a while a go joking about it. Some of us noticed the parking situation versus the Browns was well run after the game. Most importantly, the team is totally committed to winning. It comes down to either you like to watch football live with other fans or you don't.
    We drove down Sunday morning, and yeah, could have seen more on TV, but that experience will be a lifetime memory, from the tailgating, to The Firehouse, and stadium experience. I don't remember a whole hell of a lot to be honest, but what I do made it well worth it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Seriously. If the past 6 weeks have not been exciting, the problem is not the team but maybe the person in the mirror.
    The past 6 weeks have been the most exciting games in years. The team is pumped and believes they can beat the world. I've loved it