Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 161718
    Blog Entries

Re: Thousands of postseason tickets remain...why?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    My mind is on football this week, so I'm not going to take the time now to read these quite-dense pieces.

However, I looked at some research along these lines this past year – I think it's one of the studies you're linking here – and that one, while it was widely reported in the media to say that blacks weren't killed by police any more often than whites, actually did not support any such conclusion. The study noted many problems with the data on officer-involved shootings, and it confined itself to "citizen-initiated" contacts. Like you're at home and you call the cops because you hear something. Blacks no more likely than whites to be killed in those situations.

So that's nice: if black people actually call the police for help, they're no more likely to be killed than whites. Great.

The study did not examine the situation that most commonly results in a black man getting shot by police: police-initiated contacts. The media were SO EAGER to report the story! "Dog bites man!" But it didn't address at all the situations that were what the national debate was about.

I can't be positive (now) that the stuff you linked is related to the study I looked at earlier. I think it is: but could be wrong, in which case everything I wrote above is irrelevant to your post.
    "Slow down son, you're killing him..." LMAO. Keep up the good fight. Although it may be a waste of time. They don't seek common ground here. Only to validate their xenophobia.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    "Threatening"? Threatening who? Takes two to make a threat in that case, a threater and a threatee. You only have a party of one, until the police arrive.

12yo boy playing alone, all by himself, police rolled up on him and shot him dead, in literally under 2 seconds. In barely one second, if that video can be relied upon (no jittery jump-cut or frame loss). They murdered him.

Daniel Shaver was 12?
    Somebody called in that he was waving the gun in a threatening manner. That's why the police showed up in the first place.

No, they did not murder him. Believe what you want but facts show that it was a tragic situation, not murder.
    Last edited by darb72; 01-07-2019 at 04:03 AM.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    "Slow down son, you're killing him..." LMAO. Keep up the good fight. Although it may be a waste of time. They don't seek common ground here. Only to validate their xenophobia.
    Guess we could be like some folks and blame a life time of failures on non-existent racism. But hey, to each their own.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock