Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Flacco was the Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    But it's not the truth, that's the problem.

I just don't understand all the Flacco bashing here. Nobody has ever said he was a perfect QB. Very few are. Sure, he occasionally had the deer-in-the-headlights look on some plays, but so do many other QBs. And I don't believe that all the 3rd and long plays where he threw short of the sticks were his fault. That falls more on the coaches. And I also believe the coaches here severely hampered his development by being overprotective.

Look, despite what you may think of him, he pretty much single-handedly won throughout the playoffs and the SB in 2013. 11 TDs and 0 INTs throughout the playoffs and SB pretty much guaranteed our championship.

I prefer to just thank Flacco for what he did for us over 10+ years, and wish him luck in the future, wherever he lands, as long as it's not against us.

He should get his share of criticism, as much as any player, but please temper your criticism of him with deserved criticism of the front office for never getting him a #1 WR or a consistently good O-line to protect him.
    Could this be pinned somewhere

In b4 ,,,,....

Quote Originally Posted by Beerracuda View Post
    But it's not the truth, that's the problem.

I just don't understand all the Flacco bashing here. Nobody has ever said he was a perfect QB. Very few are. Sure, he occasionally had the deer-in-the-headlights look on some plays, but so do many other QBs. And I don't believe that all the 3rd and long plays where he threw short of the sticks were his fault. That falls more on the coaches. And I also believe the coaches here severely hampered his development by being overprotective.

Look, despite what you may think of him, he pretty much single-handedly won throughout the playoffs and the SB in 2013. 11 TDs and 0 INTs throughout the playoffs and SB pretty much guaranteed our championship.

I prefer to just thank Flacco for what he did for us over 10+ years, and wish him luck in the future, wherever he lands, as long as it's not against us.

He should get his share of criticism, as much as any player, but please temper your criticism of him with deserved criticism of the front office for never getting him a #1 WR or a consistently good O-line to protect him.
    There would not be anywhere near the amount of bashing if it wasn't for others that defend him as if he was a perfect QB. He's not held accountable because instead it's the receivers fault or the defense, coaching, everything under the sun that isn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    There would not be anywhere near the amount of bashing if it wasn't for others that defend him as if he was a perfect QB. He's not held accountable because instead it's the receivers fault or the defense, coaching, everything under the sun that isn't him.
    Is argue its visa versa. People like ex exists because he gets blamed for everything. But we'll never agree

Agree to disagree. Single-handedly won the playoffs? Are you mad? Jacoby Jones ran that 108 yard kickoff return. Tucker kicked a game-winner in Denver. Corey Graham picked off Peyton Manning twice.
    Criticize the front office...the ones who paid Joe to perform as a top-tier QB? They gave Joe one of the best OCs in the NFL (Kubiak), and spent 2015’s 1st pick, 2016’s 1st pick, and 2018’s first pick on offensive players. Stop whining. What the hell else do you expect? They couldn’t afford playmakers bc they invested all their money in the guy they (mistakenly) believed would play at the level that his contract reflected. I, like so many, am tired of the endless Flacco excuses that people like you keep throwing out there.

Quote Originally Posted by RVA7 View Post
    Agree to disagree. Single-handedly won the playoffs? Are you mad? Jacoby Jones ran that 108 yard kickoff return. Tucker kicked a game-winner in Denver. Corey Graham picked off Peyton Manning twice.
    Criticize the front office...the ones who paid Joe to perform as a top-tier QB? They gave Joe one of the best OCs in the NFL (Kubiak), and spent 2015’s 1st pick, 2016’s 1st pick, and 2018’s first pick on offensive players. Stop whining. What the hell else do you expect? They couldn’t afford playmakers bc they invested all their money in the guy they (mistakenly) believed would play at the level that his contract reflected. I, like so many, am tired of the endless Flacco excuses that people like you keep throwing out there.
    But you're bitching about a needed change that was already made

Folks forgetting Q in 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RVA7 View Post
    Don't know why I'm even bothering to reply, because I'm getting the feeling that you only want to argue. But like I said, going 11 TDs and 0 INTs in the post-season DOES amount to a lot, despite you trying to dismiss it. As for the contract, perhaps you might want to stop watching the NFL, because that's how business is done. If you didn't pay Flacco, some other team would have. And who would our QB be from 2013 to now? And how many playoffs would they have been in?

Blog Entries

No mirrors on this wagon. We ain't looking back.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Point taken. However, I don't think unnecessary bashing is a good answer to unnecessary praise.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Is argue its visa versa. People like ex exists because he gets blamed for everything. But we'll never agree
    I defended Joe quite a bit actually probably until sometime last season which coincided with posting on here a lot more and the level of defense is just insane then when it comes to stuff that's inarguably his fault, they're MIA. Like cmon man.. people gotta swallow their pride and admit when they're wrong.