Thread: Ed Dickson

Ed Dickson

So, I’m watching the Sunday Night game and recognized a familiar player in Ed Dickson. It got me curious. How has he managed to stick around for so long? He’s in his 9th year as a pro and his stats are nothing impressive. Less than 190 career catches, slightly over 2,100 yards and 14 TDS. It just seems like the upside of any given mid round TE prospect would be more appealing than what Dickson brings to the table. Am I missing something?

Re: Ed Dickson

Hes decent enough to be on a roster that's it

He's actually been a serviceable No. 2/3 TE for the teams he's played on since leaving Baltimore. Not great, but good enough to stick around.

I used to jokingly refer to him as "Stone Hands" when he played here, but will always fondly remember those two back-to-back catches he made during that one drive in SB 47.

Contributed to the small things. Prolly a good blocker. Not every player is an all-pro, lot of role players that play pivetal parts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmccharles; 12-23-2018 at 11:56 PM.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Right. He played for Carolina, which probly means he was a solid run-blocker. If he plays spec teams too, then he's a good use of a roster spot with his contributions to the passing game. Swiss Army knife TE.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    He's actually been a serviceable No. 2/3 TE for the teams he's played on since leaving Baltimore. Not great, but good enough to stick around.

I used to jokingly refer to him as "Stone Hands" when he played here, but will always fondly remember those two back-to-back catches he made during that one drive in SB 47.
    I'd say he was a serviceable backup TE in Baltimore too. I also remember those plays he made in the playoffs.

He has a modest 2109 yards receiving, 11.3 ypc, and 14 TD in 132 games played. Sometimes you're not a star, but still an NFL caliber player.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'd say he was a serviceable backup TE in Baltimore too. I also remember those plays he made in the playoffs.

He has a modest 2109 yards receiving, 11.3 ypc, and 14 TD in 132 games played. Sometimes you're not a star, but still an NFL caliber player.
    Definitely.

My guess is that he is really strong with intangibles, is a reliable blocker and has worked on his receiving value just enough. Speak of the devil! Dickson with the TD!!!

Just caught a TD. :)

Well, add another TD to his stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tottenham Raven View Post
    Well, add another TD to his stats.