Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Does Flacco make an appearance tonight?...more

Let's hope for no Joe tonight. I wasn't really all that happy about him being in there when he was the starter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    Let's hope for no Joe tonight. I wasn't really all that happy about him being in there when he was the starter.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    The Ravens have the leverage because they control him for a year. If Cleveland is interested do you just fire Harbaugh and watch him go there, or do you hold onto him because they're scared of that scenario playing out, and maybe they can work out the parameters of a trade to get him out of the division, and hopefully out of the conference. I believe they still see Harbaugh as an excellent coach but they want post season results, if they don't get those results they don't want to see him twice a year on the other sideline. If he has a nice playoff run, keep him.
    Harbaugh would have to want to go to Cleveland. Coaches aren't players. They can take off a year or go to college and come back. They have leverage that players don't because they have options that players don't.

There have also been lame duck coaches in the NFL. Jason Garrett, Tom Coughlin and Chuck Pagano all coached in the last year of their deal without extensions. I doubt any of them are happy about it but players aren't happy with 1 year franchise tags either. Both do happen

See, Steve Smith knows what I'm saying about Harbaugh coming back. He's not buying it either. Not yet.
    exactly. any non-blind homer knows this was fishy. its just crazy how many folks just cant see the troof

Quote Originally Posted by RavNMadMan View Post
    If not, that means we are either winning or at least looking respectable. I fear that this is the first time we are trotting this old timer run heavy offense against a team with a defense not in the bottom five in the league while Rivers if capable of making plays on our defense. I wouldn't be surprised to see Flacco come in. Then again, what is there to gain from trying to get him to come in and mop up from a 28 point deficit if it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    exactly. any non-blind homer knows this was fishy. its just crazy how many folks just cant see the troof
    Not saying it absolutely won't happen, but it's just so odd and out of character that something is off.

Blog Entries

If the Ravens are waiting for a trade for Habaugh what's the time table? All those teams that fire their coaches on Black Monday start drumming up interest that day. If the Ravens wait and can't make a deal how many guys on their list will be gone? You get too cute and wait and the pool of candidates is going to be awfully shallow. There is a real time factor especially this year where you already have the the Packers and Browns in the hunt and will be joined by a whole bunch of others in a little more than a week

Not saying it absolutely won't happen, but it's just so odd and out of character that something is off.
    yea something is definitely off...this was unprecendented

Blog Entries

What did Smith Sr. say about the extension?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Harbaugh would have to want to go to Cleveland. Coaches aren't players. They can take off a year or go to college and come back. They have leverage that players don't because they have options that players don't.

There have also been lame duck coaches in the NFL. Jason Garrett, Tom Coughlin and Chuck Pagano all coached in the last year of their deal without extensions. I doubt any of them are happy about it but players aren't happy with 1 year franchise tags either. Both do happen
    I think his wife and kids said "John, you better keep this Damn job because there is no way we're moving to some shithole like Cleveland" . "Yeah Dad, Cleveland sucks, man up"

Quote Originally Posted by DonC View Post
    Whether or not you hate Flacco or hate LJ... all I am asking is this...

Do you think now that Harbaugh knows he is coming back as the Ravens head coach next year do you think at some point in the game if the Ravens are trailing and the run game isn’t gone as planned with LJ at the helm does Harbaugh put Flacco in the game... ?

Also, if he does and Flacco lights it up and gets the win does he then start against the Browns to get him in shape to be January Joe?

I believe we will see Flacco at some point in this game... now whether that is good or bad waits to be determined especially since he hasnt played for a good while.... but I do believe that we see him at some point in this game

By the way, is RG3 also activated to play tonight?
    Your profile pic is horrible. And no we won't be seeing Flacco unless Jackson gets hurt. Go watch the Ravens old games on YouTube if you want to see Flacco play. Ravens have moved forward.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BirdGang_301 View Post
    Your profile pic is horrible. And no we won't be seeing Flacco unless Jackson gets hurt. Go watch the Ravens old games on YouTube if you want to see Flacco play. Ravens have moved forward.
    Thank you.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh