Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico

This kind of shit pisses me off. We can't find 5 billion for a wall but we can fork out over 10 billion to the countries who send us all of their illegals. UFB.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.29671f97d634

Re: US pledges $10.6B aid for Central America, southern Mexico

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    This kind of shit pisses me off. We can't find 5 billion for a wall but we can fork out over 10 billion to the countries who send us all of their illegals. UFB.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.29671f97d634
    Screw the wall. How bout 5billion for Veterans health care. ? Maybe put a dent in the homeless problem here? Fricken Gov. !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to see both the $5B for the wall and the
    $10B for Central America.

The wall to keep us safer from terrorists slipping in with the illegals who include criminals and otherwise show disrespect for our immigration laws. My grandparents, Dad, uncle, cousins etc. all immigrated to the USA legally. Why should the Central Americans get away with it? This is just another scam by Commie Sorous & Democrats to pack the voting booths.

Aid to Central America, if properly invested, can hopefully help these countries improve their living standards and mitigate gang violence, to hopefully reduce the desire of Central Americans to trek across Mexico to try to slip across the border.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Or use that money to fix the homeless issue in America. How many vacant places are there in Detroit? Baltimore? Chiraq? There's so much stuff at home that I think we should fix, I know America is about helping others without, but what about the without in America

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I'd like to see both the $5B for the wall and the
    $10B for Central America.

The wall to keep us safer from terrorists slipping in with the illegals who include criminals and otherwise show disrespect for our immigration laws. My grandparents, Dad, uncle, cousins etc. all immigrated to the USA legally. Why should the Central Americans get away with it? This is just another scam by Commie Sorous & Democrats to pack the voting booths.

Aid to Central America, if properly invested, can hopefully help these countries improve their living standards and mitigate gang violence, to hopefully reduce the desire of Central Americans to trek across Mexico to try to slip across the border.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Or use that money to fix the homeless issue in America. How many vacant places are there in Detroit? Baltimore? Chiraq? There's so much stuff at home that I think we should fix, I know America is about helping others without, but what about the without in America

I understand the sentiment, but you simply cannot eliminate poverty by giving money away.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I understand the sentiment, but you simply cannot eliminate poverty by giving money away.
    Never said to just give it away

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Never said to just give it away

So how exactly are you 'helping' the homeless? You are simply giving them a place to live.

So how exactly are you 'helping' the homeless? You are simply giving them a place to live.
    Lots of ways. Decent shelters would be a start. Then if they use the shelters they have to attend job training. Clean em up and send them to interviews. I can’t say all but I’d venture that most homeless just want a job and a decent place to live. Many have additional issues which they are gonna need help with. A lot are Vets dealing with PTSD. Helping hand doesn’t mean a hand out.

I was using the vacants as a starting point. Yes it would take money to fix them up so maybe not the best starting point.

Programs take money. According to a couple google searches, most reports have the homeless population in the U.S. just under 600k. Creating a program to help each homeless person with say 10k would come out to 6B if we just round up to the 600k mark. I dont mean just hand a homeless person 10k. In this city alone when i go down town, there is trash everywhere and im going to guess there is like issues in other major cities, ie baltimore, chicago, detroit, miami, etc. Even just offering jobs to pick up trash for X amount of dollars hourly would be somewhere to start. So while the streets of the country are getting clean we might be able to help get people back on their feet. Picking up trash is just one example.

Obviously there is issues with drug and alcohol addiction, not to mention mental illnesses and just plain medical issues. This is diving deeper into an issue that i dont know much about but would gladly listen and learn from anyone here that could break things down for me to better understand. Also not every homeless person wants to be helped as i have found out first hand.

I just dont think "not having the money" is a good excuse considering what this country spends its money on. There is numerous prior military here (and current i think) and i know for a fact there is GSs and DOD contactors here that could attest to the amount of insanely irresponisble use of money. I could give disgusting example from first hand experience.

The National Science foundation (NSF) granted yale 200k to find out if Wikipedia is sexist

Quarter mill to train 60 syrian rebels

Sorry, just woke up, but feel free to tear apart what i just said and help me udnerstand it better.
    Last edited by usmccharles; 12-20-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Lots of ways. Decent shelters would be a start. Then if they use the shelters they have to attend job training. Clean em up and send them to interviews. I can’t say all but I’d venture that most homeless just want a job and a decent place to live. Many have additional issues which they are gonna need help with. A lot are Vets dealing with PTSD. Helping hand doesn’t mean a hand out.

I was using the vacants as a starting point. Yes it would take money to fix them up so maybe not the best starting point.

Programs take money. According to a couple google searches, most reports have the homeless population in the U.S. just under 600k. Creating a program to help each homeless person with say 10k would come out to 6B if we just round up to the 600k mark. I dont mean just hand a homeless person 10k. In this city alone when i go down town, there is trash everywhere and im going to guess there is like issues in other major cities, ie baltimore, chicago, detroit, miami, etc. Even just offering jobs to pick up trash for X amount of dollars hourly would be somewhere to start. So while the streets of the country are getting clean we might be able to help get people back on their feet. Picking up trash is just one example.

Obviously there is issues with drug and alcohol addiction, not to mention mental illnesses and just plain medical issues. This is diving deeper into an issue that i dont know much about but would gladly listen and learn from anyone here that could break things down for me to better understand. Also not every homeless person wants to be helped as i have found out first hand.

I just dont think "not having the money" is a good excuse considering what this country spends its money on. There is numerous prior military here (and current i think) and i know for a fact there is GSs and DOD contactors here that could attest to the amount of insanely irresponisble use of money. I could give disgusting example from first hand experience.

Sorry, just woke up, but feel free to tear apart what i just said and help me udnerstand it better.
    Listen I understand the desire to help out, but I really don't think resources is the issue with homelessness. I believe that most of the homeless want to live there. Or they have serious mental issues, and they will rebel against addressing those.
    The issue in foreign third world nations is often their own govt being corrupt. So we can give them all the money, and they are simply going to use it for their own means. It's a lack of freedom that is keeping people in poverty in those instance. Being from corrcupt govt or thugs that simply take from the people by force. Redistribution of wealth simply will not stop poverty.

Listen I understand the desire to help out, but I really don't think resources is the issue with homelessness. I believe that most of the homeless want to live there. Or they have serious mental issues, and they will rebel against addressing those.
    The issue in foreign third world nations is often their own govt being corrupt. So we can give them all the money, and they are simply going to use it for their own means. It's a lack of freedom that is keeping people in poverty in those instance. Being from corrcupt govt or thugs that simply take from the people by force. Redistribution of wealth simply will not stop poverty.
    I have to agree regarding the 3rd world country corruption.

We've watched that play out countless times in the past and the money is ALWAYS misappropriated.

OK, but im talking here, not foreign third world countries. Giving money to corrupt governments is exactly what im talking about not doing, or did we have a miss-communication?

Im sure a lot of the homeless say they dont want help because of what they have heard in the past and seen no action. Im sure some of their tones would be different if you they were told here is place to stay, 3 meals a day, a job to help get you on your feet with resources to help you if/when you need it. Even if you help 20% (120k) is a huge chance in society and would give hope to others and maybe follow a long.

Not to mention, now you have over 100k more people working and spending money in the economy.

There is smarter people on this board to talk about this though