Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 schedule

Unhappy 2008 schedule

Barring a miraculous two Ravens wins + two Bengals losses, here's what in store for the 2008 season (2007 current record in parentheses):

HOME

Pittsburgh (9-5)
    Cleveland (9-5)
    Cincinnati (5-9)
    Jacksonville (10-4)
    Tennessee (8-6)
    Philadelphia (6-8)
    Washington (7-7)
    KC or Oakland (4-10)

AWAY
    Pittsburgh (9-5)
    Cleveland (9-5)
    Cincinnati (5-9)
    Houston (7-7)
    Indianapolis (12-2)
    Dallas (12-2)
    NY Giants (9-5)
    Miami (1-13)

That's 5 home games and 6 road games against teams now playing at .500 or better.

Preston must know something not obvious to me, with this prediction:

Despite this poor season, the Ravens should be around .500 next season and will probably flirt with the playoffs.
    Unless we see a couple of blue-chip draftees or FAs making an impact and our older starters jumping into the Fountain of Youth, I can't envision a .500 season next year.:(

btw: Anyone want to pencil in the "easy" wins against Miami, Cincy at home, and KC/Oakland?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: 2008 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    btw: Anyone want to pencil in the "easy" wins against Miami, Cincy at home, and KC/Oakland?
    What's an 'easy win', T?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

If (BIG IF) we made any sort of improvement on Offence we make the same improvement on Defence. That's why this season went down the pan - we were hoping for enough progress offensively with the same 'D' to take us to Arizona. This did not happen!!!!

Sadly the 'window' has slammed shut with our collective fingers caught right underneath - OUCH !!!!

Why are we playing Indy and Miami AGAIN? I want to see someone else for a change.
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

We were 13-3 last year, we suck this year. Cleveland were crap for the last............forever and are a playoff team this year. Cincy are on a down swing etc. etc. Can't take one year into the next.

But before that, why are we even bothering with the strength of next year's schedule before the end of this season? Plenty of time for things to change before now and then.

However, that is a very tasty slate of home games (KC replace Oakland please, seen them already :D) for me to try and target for a visit. :D

The AFC South is shaping up to look pretty tough next year. Indy is a perennial contender, Jags are looking very good, and Tennessee and Houston have greatly improved.

Not to mention the NFC East: Dallas is elite this year, and every team except for the Eagles looks to be on an upswing.

I agree that it's tough to gauge from one year to the next what teams will be good. On paper right now, it looks like a tough schedule, but keep in mind all the teams on our schedule play the same teams, but with 2 tougher games than KC/Oakland and Miami.

At least we finally get the Deadskins at home.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

So what looks like the best away game to travel? See the Cowboys in Dallas? Venture to Indy to see our Baltimore Colts? Miami will have a new stadium?

What's the city of Houston Like? I always heard HOuston along with Dallas were nothing to write home about.

any thoughts?

The choices don't seem as good as they were this year with San Fran, San Diego, Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    So what looks like the best away game to travel? See the Cowboys in Dallas? Venture to Indy to see our Baltimore Colts? Miami will have a new stadium?

What's the city of Houston Like? I always heard HOuston along with Dallas were nothing to write home about.

any thoughts?

The choices don't seem as good as they were this year with San Fran, San Diego, Seattle
    Dallas is pretty neat, if they still have that West End district to party in. And I understand Jacksonville is pretty good as well, always plenty of seats too.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

10. Re: 2008 schedule

We already decided Dallas, its the last year of their stadium this year, and the other cities, like someone else said, arent "attractive" cities.

We just went to Miami this year (they arent getting a new stadium, they rehabbed their old one and looks very nice)

we went to houston in 2002, very nice stadium, not much to do otherwise (we went in december- city is very large and spread out).

We like cities like miami with "touristy fun stuff" like charter fishing, everglades tour, the beach in miami....Indy, cincy, cleveland...pittsburgh?? dont have any of that.

So hopefully Dallas isnt thanksgiving day!
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Dallas will play an NFC team on Thanskgiving day. Detroit gets the AFC team, either Jacksonville or Tennesee. Probably the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    So hopefully Dallas isnt thanksgiving day!

I think I am leaning Dallas right now. I really doubt the NFL will schedule the "bad boys of the east" to play on a family day like thanksgiving.