Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Play or Retire

Re: Play or Retire

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The problem is that no player is going to agree to playing for no guaranteed money. On paper it makes sense but Joe's agent would never accept that. Even Sam Bradford got $15 million of his $20 million guaranteed by the Cardinals. Flacco's current contract is not real because he's not going to pay without guaranteed money.

Go back and look at what happened to Suh. Same situation and he was someone who had multiple options once he was released by the Dolphins.
    What are you talking about? Flacco has no guaranteed money right now whether he gets traded or not. It's all already been paid out. There are still bonus prorations, but that money is paid and gone. Players play on non-guaranteed deals all the time. Either I'm misinterpreting you or you're not making sense.

It would actually be fairly unusual to have guaranteed money this deep into a contract, unless there were roster bonuses involved.

If Flacco gets traded, he's going to get paid his 2019 salary. No one is going to trade for him without him being the obvious starter at least for one year. In which case the contract is 1 year/18.5m. Again, perfectly reasonable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    What are you talking about? Flacco has no guaranteed money right now whether he gets traded or not. It's all already been paid out. There are still bonus prorations, but that money is paid and gone. Players play on non-guaranteed deals all the time. Either I'm misinterpreting you or you're not making sense.

It would actually be fairly unusual to have guaranteed money this deep into a contract, unless there were roster bonuses involved.

If Flacco gets traded, he's going to get paid his 2019 salary. No one is going to trade for him without him being the obvious starter at least for one year. In which case the contract is 1 year/18.5m. Again, perfectly reasonable.

It's always paid out at the stat of a contract. Going to a new team without guarantees is never going to happen. Bradford wouldn't do it. Smith wouldn't do it. Flacco won't do it either.

Blog Entries

This I will promise right now. If DeCosta can't trade Flacco and does have to release him I won't be upset. I believe he will do everything possible to get something for Flacco but that's going to be very difficult. If DeCosta can't make this happen I certainly won't think less of him or his ability as a GM.

Blog Entries

This I will promise right now. If DeCosta can't trade Flacco and does have to release him I won't be upset. I believe he will do everything possible to get something for Flacco but that's going to be very difficult. If DeCosta can't make this happen I certainly won't think less of him or his ability as a GM.
    That seems a realistic assessment of the situation. If DeCosta can get anything, plus a little cap relief, my hat's off to him, although that may be quite a challenge to pull off... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    That seems a realistic assessment of the situation. If DeCosta can get anything, plus a little cap relief, my hat's off to him... although that may be quite a challenge to pull off... Bc
    Idk man they could flip him for a mid round pick possibly. They start leaking the news now, Tampa if they dont f up and resign winston, maybe Jax, Denver, maybe MIA...

all teams that could draft a QB, but might want a Keenum type player for a year or so.

If you know your signing a stop gap this season, it might be cheaper to trade a 5 now then battle the other teams in FA
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

It's always paid out at the stat of a contract. Going to a new team without guarantees is never going to happen. Bradford wouldn't do it. Smith wouldn't do it. Flacco won't do it either.
    I see where you coming from. I assumed they would use the first year as basically a prove it year and then renegotiate the back two and drop the salary down but guarantee a lot say drop the last 2 to 20 per making 25 or 30 guaranteed. Hard to say I could see Joe betting on hisself again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by countryroads View Post
    What should Flacco do? I am sure there are a some teams that would take him in a second. At the same time he has had a long career, and made great money. He could just help raise his kids, and not have to worry about the grind.
    Looking at daily babysitting of 5 young kids, he's playing and buying a condo in that city. He keeps his home here and visits the family.

Anyone with 5 young kids will understand

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Idk man they could flip him for a mid round pick possibly. They start leaking the news now, Tampa if they dont f up and resign winston, maybe Jax, Denver, maybe MIA...

all teams that could draft a QB, but might want a Keenum type player for a year or so.

If you know your signing a stop gap this season, it might be cheaper to trade a 5 now then battle the other teams in FA
    Love the avi

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Looking at daily babysitting of 5 young kids, he's playing and buying a condo in that city. He keeps his home here and visits the family.

Anyone with 5 young kids will understand
    It would be cheaper to rent a nice condo then pay daycare for 5 holly hell thats a bill

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    It would be cheaper to rent a nice condo then pay daycare for 5 holly hell thats a bill

Flacco gonna run away playing for another team for piece of mind. He can afford a damn nanny for each kid with his money

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Love the avi

Burn it down

GIANTS..

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN