Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Play or Retire

Re: Play or Retire

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He’s going to Denver with Harbs. And Kubiak will be OC
    You may be half right. Harbage ain’t going nowhere. We make the playoffs and Jimmy Zip Code gets his wish. Harbage and co will get a few yrs to ruin another QB and draft Defense first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Jacksonville.

If he goes there I might even fly down for a game.

For me the question is can we get something in a trade? Or will teams wait for him to be released?

If McCoy and Sanchez can find jobs in the NFL Flacco clearly will as well. If we cut him I expect him to get calls from Denver, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami at the minimum. Those teams will all be looking at bring him in to be the starter. Another six or more teams will look at him as a backup. Joes not done.
    Last edited by Jfoh; 12-12-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    If McCoy and Sanchez can find jobs in the NFL Flacco clearly will as well. If we cut him I expect him to get calls from Denver, Jacksonville, Tampa, Miami at the minimum. Those teams will all be looking at bring him in to be the starter. Another six or more teams will look at him ax a backup. Joes not done.
    If I'm a GM with a good defense and running game but no QB, Joe is my first call.

You think Joe wants to be at home 12 months out of the year with 14 children? I think not, he keeps playing

Blog Entries

There’s 0 chance Flacco retires. He’ll have plenty of opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    You think Joe wants to be at home 12 months out of the year with 14 children? I think not, he keeps playing
    LOL, I agree. I'd just like to respond to the "Joe may want more family time" argument. I assume he has a house in or around Baltimore or at least close to his family. Except when he's playing an away game, he can see them every day. Add in post-season weeks/months. When I was a working man, I'd leave my house before 7 a.m., my wife and daughter were still asleep, and not come home until the evening. I have friends who travel for business too. I don't believe a healthy young man wants to hang around the house all day, considering his children are all at school anyway... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    LOL, I agree. I'd just like to respond to the "Joe may want more family time" argument. I assume he has a house in or around Baltimore or at least close to his family. Except when he's playing an away game, he can see them every day. Add in post-season weeks/months. When I was a working man, I'd leave my house before 7 a.m., my wife and daughter were still asleep, and not come home until the evening. I have friends who travel for business too. I don't believe a healthy young man wants to hang around the house all day, considering his children are all at school anyway... Bc
    It's possible he has other business interest's that would take him away from the game. He is not 25 with no worries to think about, he has a family and may just want to be around them more as they are growing up. Football has been good to him so maybe he just cashes in his chips and walks away.

Personally I think he continues playing football as long as his passion & desire is still there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Jacksonville.

If he goes there I might even fly down for a game.

For me the question is can we get something in a trade? Or will teams wait for him to be released?
    No one is going to went that existing contact and he has too many years left to extend like they did with Alex Smith. Flacco will get released and then get some offers. I just don’t know if he’ll want to play for what he gets especially if he’s babysitting another 1st round pick QB. That’s what’s going to happen in a place like Jacksonville.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenfever View Post
    It's possible he has other business interest's that would take him away from the game. He is not 25 with no worries to think about, he has a family and may just want to be around them more as they are growing up. Football has been good to him so maybe he just cashes in his chips and walks away.

Personally I think he continues playing football as long as his passion & desire is still there.
    You left out : AND as long as the $20 million salary is there... Bc

should be a great offseason

Blog Entries

I feel like some posters are harping on this idea that since he's rich and looks disinterested that he just won't care anymore.