Another Ozzie Screw-Up

Just read an article about Derwin James who the Ravens will face in 2 weeks and who the Ravens could have drafted this year. James is probably going to be defensive rookie of the year. Since drafting him the Chargers have gone from 18th defending tight ends to number 1. The article also said James could be Mahones' kryptonite when the Chargers meet K.C. on Thursday, he's that good. You just have to wonder what the Ravens defense would be like and what the Ravens' record may be if Ozzie had drafted him to replace Weddle instead of drafting our 3rd string tight end Hayden Hurst, who barely makes it on the field each week. Another in a long line of Ozzie's draft busts over the last 7 years or so. BTW, James said that Lamar Jackson is the best athlete he has ever faced.

Re: Another Ozzie Screw-Up

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac1123 View Post
    Just read an article about Derwin James who the Ravens will face in 2 weeks and who the Ravens could have drafted this year. James is probably going to be defensive rookie of the year. Since drafting him the Chargers have gone from 18th defending tight ends to number 1. The article also said James could be Mahones' kryptonite when the Chargers meet K.C. on Thursday, he's that good. You just have to wonder what the Ravens defense would be like and what the Ravens' record may be if Ozzie had drafted him to replace Weddle instead of drafting our 3rd string tight end Hayden Hurst, who barely makes it on the field each week. Another in a long line of Ozzie's draft busts over the last 7 years or so. BTW, James said that Lamar Jackson is the best athlete he has ever faced.
    I attribute the screw up to the abandonment of BPA in the first round under the Harbaugh era. I dont know if this is directly related to Harb, EDC, or just a change in ozzies philosophy. If they stick with BPA they wouldve picked James just like Ed Reed.

You can almost know for sure they are drafting a WR or OLB this year too. I would rather they signed
    2 vets to fill the need and take BPA. Sooner or later every position becomes a need, which is why we all feel we couldve used James this year. When you are drafting i think its Better you have a superstar on your team than a so-so guy to plug in a hole for a season imo.