Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Does Joe get booed on Sunday?

I really hope not. It would be a real ugly look for our fanbase.

Blog Entries

If Flacco gets in and plays well, he will be cheered. If he plays bad, I'm afraid you will hear some boos. He will be under a lot of pressure to play well. He will be playing for another contract from another team. Last time he was in that situation, he played great and won a SB. Trouble this time is our OL really sucks and he'll be a statue back there and be under pressure quickly, which tends to make him make mistakes. I'm hoping LJ starts, plays well, and keeps Joe on the bench. What worries me is if Flacco would get seriously hurt in this game, and the Ravens would be on the hook to pay him his contract next year, which would ruin the Raven's cap for next year.

no reason to boo flacco.

Blog Entries

If he does get booed, I'd be real disappointed.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

5. Re: Does Joe get booed on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    If Flacco gets in and plays well, he will be cheered. If he plays bad, I'm afraid you will hear some boos. He will be under a lot of pressure to play well. He will be playing for another contract from another team. Last time he was in that situation, he played great and won a SB. Trouble this time is our OL really sucks and he'll be a statue back there and be under pressure quickly, which tends to make him make mistakes. I'm hoping LJ starts, plays well, and keeps Joe on the bench. What worries me is if Flacco would get seriously hurt in this game, and the Ravens would be on the hook to pay him his contract next year, which would ruin the Raven's cap for next year.
    Brian McFarland addressed this. Joe has no more injury guarantees. An injury costs the Ravens $1.15m, not $10.5m.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

As had been said, Joe won't be booed for starting. But if he goes out there and plays poorly they will boo. I mean, fans have booed the offense before with Joe for not being effective. Wasn't a lot but it has happened.

I do agree that Weddle should be booed when they announce his name

I'm not for booing any of our guys. If the play is poor? Boo that.

As for Flacco, just because I'm ready to move on from him doesn't mean I hate him nor wish him ill.

Here is the question. When he returns to the stadium with another team. Will you cheer or boo?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I'm not for booing any of our guys. If the play is poor? Boo that.

As for Flacco, just because I'm ready to move on from him doesn't mean I hate him nor wish him ill.

Here is the question. When he returns to the stadium with another team. Will you cheer or boo?
    Well, im hoping not to see him for 4 years or at all if he goes to TB, which I think would be a great landing spot for him.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    no reason to boo flacco.
    Sure there is...

He sucks.

Whatother reason do fans need?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Brian McFarland addressed this. Joe has no more injury guarantees. An injury costs the Ravens $1.15m, not $10.5m.
    Thanks for the correction Brian. That is good to know. I guess Vinny Cerrato was wrong about that then.

I don't expect him to be booed. I do expect he and Lamar will both be introduced with the offense assuming he is activated.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Sure there is...

He sucks.

Whatother reason do fans need?
    Don't understand some fans at all.