Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Blog Entries

Re: Does Joe get booed on Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    You must be watching a different O-line. They're not top 5 or anything, but they're pretty far from "really sucks".
    LJ has a lot to do with the OL improvement, him and the defense's he has faced. The run game was near the bottom(27th) 5 weeks ago and their pass blocking with Flacco at QB was allowing more and more pressure on Joe as the season went on, thus the decline in his stats.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Anybody who boos Flacco is not a true Ravens fan! Regardless of whether you think him or Jackson should start, Joe has given everything he has to this team and is a true, class-act professional. It would be a disgrace if he were to be booed by so called Ravens fans.
    Has he? That is one of those nice sounding things people like to say about players but the truth is it isn't true for everyone it's like when OBJ says you can't question my effort sorry man I can and I will. Has Flacco worked with his new receivers on his own in the offseason? Showed up to optional OTA's? Do you see the the fruit of someone maximizing his god given talent when Flacco plays?

Go back 18 years and take a look at the start of Brees career and tell me he was more talented then Flacco. Go back 19 years and go watch Tom Brady scouting combine tape. Go back and watch Rich Gannons early play in Minnesota. Don't tell me Flacco had less talent then any of those guys entering the league. The Chargers used to be one of the teams I watched after football left Bal and continued to watch a bit after they returned. I loved watching Flutie play running around like a young man at 39 and liked the looks of the uniforms and because of that I saw a ton of Brees early career. He wasn't half as talented as Flacco entering the league not even close. He was actually benched for Flutie and let walk because they decided they needed a better QB (Rivers) and didn't want to pay him franchise money.

I bring it up all the time with Lamar it doesn't matter where you start it matters where you end up as a QB I'm glad to hear the CS is thrilled with how much extra work he is putting in to improve as a passer. I've seen it from the beginning of preseason to where he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    What utter nonsense. Also I've been around long enough as a Raven fan to remember Boller getting injured and other ravens fans (not me) cheering him off the field and I don't mean like the thumbs up you are okay type cheer so get off your high horse already. Flacco can be booed.

Also I don't know if you checked your calendar lately but it isn't 2012 anymore. Bortles led the Jaguars to a deep playoff run and was booed off the field and benched 1 year later. Foles won SB MVP LAST YEAR and was benched this year. Hell Dilfer was booed prior to his run in the playoffs and benched during his SB run. The FO jettisoned him a year later. So don't tell me six years later we all have to sit quietly and pretend Flacco is some sort of great qb.

He sucks. Players who suck get booed in the NFL get over it and this offense Flacco more specifically have already been booed repeatedly since 2012 so I don't really even understand what the moralizing in this thread is even directed at. Anyone remember the Redskins game last year Flacco was booed pretty much the entire game and not just by redskins fans who made the trip.

He got booed pretty hard in what I want to say was in 2014 when we were down big against the Browns. There are also times when instead of being booed the entire game he's been booed after a sack or a specific play they are so numerous I couldn't even give you a specific instance. So just prepare yourself to be shocked and horrified when it happens again hell it will probably happen to Lamar at some point. This is still the NFL. If that bothers you maybe go find a sport where the crowd isn't allowed to boo maybe a tennis match is more your scene.
    Oh really, he brought a SB home to Baltimore and you're going to boo him huh, wow lol It doesn't matter if it was 5 or 15 years ago. Its the accomplishment of it. Hey man, you belong in Philly with that disrespectful group! and break out your wife beater shirt; they love that look there ! You would fit right in! pop a Pabst Blue Ribbon on me.

Blog Entries

Anyone that boos Joe is an asshole. He doesnt deserve that.

I would hope not. Joe has done nothing wrong. Its just time for a change to better our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Anyone that boos Joe is an asshole. He doesnt deserve that.
    Yea, if the shoe fits!
    boller4president

Now that things were handled properly by the franchise there is zero chance for Flacco to be booed and any sort of nastiness can be avoided. Lamar Jackson did not deserve to lose his job with the way he has been playing. Flacco did. It really is that simple.

Now hopefully Flacco finds a different situation that works for him in the offseason and we can move forward with Lamar. Maybe in five years we can have a nice little ceremony for the 2012 team and induct him in the ring of honor.

This is a odd thread to start. Why would you ask this? Boller got booed because he sucked. I have never heard a QB that gets booed because he became the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This is a odd thread to start. Why would you ask this? Boller got booed because he sucked. I have never heard a QB that gets booed because he became the backup.
    Just a bunch of people pontificating how noone should boo Flacco if he replaced Lamar despite how both have played. Glad it's over and done with you are right knowing what we know now it's a non-issue.