Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Lack of 4 man pass rush=Heartbreak.

WE haven't had a pass rush for quite some time. I feel this game shows why you don't need to resign Judon. He is just a guy who flashes from time to time but that's about it.

This game shows you why they were trying to possibly get Clowney.

Lack of a 4 man rush is a serious problem. But the bigger problem is even when we blitz we still get no pressure.

I actually like wink. But he does stupid shit a little to much for me. Like blitzing you’re best corner instead of having him in coverage. Now you got deshon Elliot 1v1 with KC receivers.

Also he had no different strategy for Andy. Andy dog walked Wink from the opening drive to the last play of the game.

It looked like Andy knew exactly what wink would do it countered it all game.

I started this thread 2 years ago and we are still having the same issue. Smh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I’d rather have the Bears front, that’s for sure. (Not so sure about the Cowboys.)

But I’d take our secondary over anybody else’s. They are the big reason for our defensive ranking, and most of our sacks have been coverage sacks to some extent.
    I used to think that, but last night the secondary was disappointing, especially Peters. I will chalk it off to a bad night all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Sorry for the necro bump y'all - hope you guys don't mind. I remembered this thread in the game thread. This was a couple days after the KC loss in 2018.

Tell me, what has changed since then? Nothing. If anything, it's gotten worse.

Incredibly accurate prediction here from Ex.

Stop throwing money at every DB that comes along and find a fucking pass rusher.
    Facts bro

I’m not saying we have great pass rushers or anything, but the lack of sacks was in part due to scheme. Many times the ball was out too fast for Campbell or anyone else to have time to get pressure, let alone a sack. The over reliance on blitzing is going to hurt us against guys like Rodgers, Mahomes, etc. unless a change is made.

Best hope is that as good as Madubuike supposedly looked in camp before getting hurt is that he provides something. But the fact that this is an issue 2 years after this thread is unacceptable.

The shame is Clowney didn’t come off his salary demands until after we franchised Judon

anyone else remember the offseason a few years ago when the ravens made such a huge deal about building a D that could generate pressure with 4? it was somewhere in those lost years between the SB and LJ, might've been with Pees at DC. anyway they spent the entire offseason talking the idea up and it still didn't happen. i guess my point is that even if they did have Clowney we'd still be blitzing. that's been the philosophy, it'll be the philosophy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    anyone else remember the offseason a few years ago when the ravens made such a huge deal about building a D that could generate pressure with 4? it was somewhere in those lost years between the SB and LJ, might've been with Pees at DC. anyway they spent the entire offseason talking the idea up and it still didn't happen. i guess my point is that even if they did have Clowney we'd still be blitzing. that's been the philosophy, it'll be the philosophy.
    Question off this: does anyone have the blitz % numbers for 2014? The Ravens had Suggs and Dumervil combine for 29 sacks that year and with those two guys putting out that kind of output you'd reasonably conclude they wouldn't have had to blitz as much. So I'm curious if they blitzed anywhere near as much as they have recently.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Question off this: does anyone have the blitz % numbers for 2014? The Ravens had Suggs and Dumervil combine for 29 sacks that year and with those two guys putting out that kind of output you'd reasonably conclude they wouldn't have had to blitz as much. So I'm curious if they blitzed anywhere near as much as they have recently.
    https://baltimoresportsandlife.com/d...ravens-d-pt-2/

31%, which is around the average, compared to 54% in 2019, the most in the NFL

For Mahommes blitz pressure is his norm. It is what he is practices against in practice - play after play after play - he sees the blitz and knows who is going to be open - AND THEN HITS THEM IN STRIDE