Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Jared Goff - Rookie

For those of you that think Lamar can't improve and that accuracy can't be improved or whatever other shenanigans are being said about him.

Jared Goff wasn't just a rookie QB with a shitty coach, he was a rookie QB with a shitty coach and some pretty shitty accuracy and mechanics too as you can clearly see from this video if you didn't watch much of him as a rookie.

0:12 - Poor deep ball accuracy to an open Pharaoh Cooper.

0:19 - Stared down his receiver and got easily picked 6 because of it.

0:32 - Got dragged down by one hand and otherwise had a pretty clean pocket; poor pocket awareness.

0:38 - Poor mental timer.. held onto the ball way too long and got stripped.

1:14 - Again, holding onto the ball way too long.

1:38 - Straight up wounded duck.

1:46 - Drops the snap.. nothing wrong with the snap. Just dropped it.

4 minutes of just rookie mistakes.

Pretty much every time he got sacked the ball would come out.

Jared Goff in his rookie year looked exactly like what he was, a rookie.. and LJ has similar weaknesses which is why you don't just give up on a guy this early.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Re: Jared Goff - Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    For those of you that think Lamar can't improve and that accuracy can't be improved or whatever other shenanigans are being said about him.

Jared Goff wasn't just a rookie QB with a shitty coach, he was a rookie QB with a shitty coach and some pretty shitty accuracy and mechanics too as you can clearly see from this video if you didn't watch much of him as a rookie.

0:32 - Got dragged down by one hand and otherwise had a pretty clean pocket; poor pocket awareness.

Jared Goff in his rookie year looked exactly like what he was, a rookie.. and LJ has similar weaknesses which is why you don't just give up on a guy this early.
    For some reason it’s like ppl forget that he’s a rookie that wasn’t even supposed to play this year. He’s exceeded expectations and it’s disengenious to say otherwise.

Who would you trust in the Playoffs? An 11 year vet who has won at least one game every year his team was in the playoffs and a Super Bowl or a rookie? Nobody is giving up on Jackson.

Blog Entries

McVay came in and super coached up Goff, designed a system to mask his weakness, built up his Oline, got him some pass catchers along with a stout defense and run game and rest is history..key thing is Goff got coached up..mechanics is something if you receive the proper coaching you can keep working on it on your own to get better...ask all the greats.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

It also refutes the silly notion that if he plays too much too early he'll be ruined forever because he'll never be able to break bad habits, while ignoring just how valuable it is for a player learn for themselves what works and what doesn't at actual game speed with actual stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven52 View Post
    Who would you trust in the Playoffs? An 11 year vet who has won at least one game every year his team was in the playoffs and a Super Bowl or a rookie? Nobody is giving up on Jackson.
    I’d normally trust the vet but the way this team is built it just seems like Lamar is a better fit. Regardless of who’s out there though I’ll be rooting for them. Part of me misses Flacco just because Marty will call a better game with him under center.

Blog Entries

flacco hasn't taken a snap in over a month at this point this is just a sick infatuation with the guy LET IT GO LET IT GO LET IT GO HE IS GONE AFTER THIS YEAR!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    flacco hasn't taken a snap in over a month at this point this is just a sick infatuation with the guy LET IT GO LET IT GO LET IT GO HE IS GONE AFTER THIS YEAR!!
    Nah man let them put Flacco back in. We’ve seen what Lamar can do. Kid has so much potential and the heart of a lion. Let the next coaching staff develop him. Let Harbs ride or die with Flacco. Who I hope plays his ass off.

Blog Entries

There’s no mcVay walking into the castle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Nah man let them put Flacco back in. We’ve seen what Lamar can do. Kid has so much potential and the heart of a lion. Let the next coaching staff develop him. Let Harbs ride or die with Flacco. Who I hope plays his ass off.
    I hope they start him Mac, at this point i'm salivating over the idea of starting him.

The guy that we're actually winning with right now over the guy that hasn't smelled a playoff game in 4 years.
    Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!

Luke 12:24

Nobody is giving up on Jackson.
    Ehhh kind of. No one is saying he's already a bust, but a lot of people are already quick to say they don't ever see him overcoming his flaws. Seems premature either way.