Page 200 of 200 FirstFirst ... 198199200
Results 2,389 to 2,399 of 2399

Re: Game Thread Ravens @ Chiefs 12/9

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    The Chiefs needed overtime to score 10 points less than their average. The Saints scored about 10 points less than their average also. That's two of your highest scoring offenses. I'd say no, they aren't overrated. They just aren't clutch.

Random, rewatched some highlights. In OT, on the 3rd and 7 Lamar completed to Snead around 4 yard line, a KC defender literally jumped, left his feet, to hit Snead high. Isn't that either a helmet to helmet, launching, or defenseless receiver penalty? I'm not putting this game on the refs, I blame the non clutch defense, but I remember watching that play and being surprised that something so blatant wasn't called or even mentioned by announcers
    Not one to put it on refs but yesterday they were KC's 12th man no doubt.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Not one to put it on refs but yesterday they were KC's 12th man no doubt.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    I'm not a huge refs guy either, but they screwed us in the Saints game with multiple bad spots and BS QB sneak calls. This game was just as bad. Multiple holding and PI calls just totally missed, including the really blatant one in the end zone that could've been the difference between a W and a L in this game. The ticky tack call on Judon was ridiculous. The OPI on Crabtree was ridiculous. I tried to watch the Eagles game after, but the Refs were botching that one too, every call went Dallas' way, and I just turned it off. Nothing ruins a game for me like terrible officiating.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Are you now or ever been a member of the FWO?
    Some might say I have been haha, but like no bullshit I just try to evaluate the games as best as I see them. And I understand that this is not a “one game” league. These guys win and lose games in April - August you know?

Nobody should put this game on Lamar in any way shape or form BUT...nobody believed Lamar was going to lead us down the field when the scores were tied 24-24...no one...

That doesn’t mean I want them to sit Lamar or anything like that, I’m just making a comment is all, you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let's review...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    First off, thanks to the Ravens for meaningful December games. I try not to take them for granted.
    This remains as stated. While yesterday's loss was especially trying, it beats the alternative of playing meaningless games in December.

Second, not really expecting a win, so here is what I would like to see:
    1. No major injuries.
    I haven't really followed the post-game / day-after news. I hope LJ's injured ankle is not too bad. I believe Humphrey had to get pulled at the end, too. Hopefully, the Ravens are at near full strength this Sunday.

2. A relatively clean, mistake-free game from the Ravens.
    Mixed bag here. They could have played better in some regards, but in a playoff-type atmosphere, they did pretty good. A couple notes on the officiating and safety play below.
    3. Not too many mistakes from LJ. I expect 1 or 2 turnovers. But hopefully, he gets playoff-like experience.
    Check this one off. No egregious turnovers from LJ. The one strip-sack was a blind side jailbreak that, maybe in a couple of years, he will develop that pocket presence to sense, but really, there was nothing he could do on that play. Otherwise, he made some pretty big throws in traffic, under duress, in crunch time. His best game yet and there is a lot, repeat, a LOT to be confident about moving forward.

As regards to the playoffs, I suspected 10 wins would be needed and even then, they may lose the WC on tiebreakers. Actually the division may be easier now. Again, sorry if I am missing any of the playoff projections, but haven't looked at any news. To get there, they obviously need to win 3 straight and that means doing something the Ravens have not been able to do in a long time (other than at Pittsburgh): Beat a good team on the road. Do that, and they may get in.

Finally, 2 comments:

1. The officiating. I am not one that normally complains about the officiating, but I think it was a deciding factor, maybe even THE deciding factor in the game yesterday. It was if the officials decided to "let them play" like in a playoff game, which I would have been fine with, but they only applied that rule to the Chiefs. The number of questionable and downright blatant no-calls and bad calls are almost too numerous to list and I am sure they have been talked about incessantly for the last 18 hours, but here's mine:
    1. The Crabtree push-off. That could be called 20+ times a game.
    2. The roughing the passer on Mahomes. Granted, Judon got away with one late in the game, but LJ also got popped pretty good without a flag.
    3. I saw no less that 5 blatant holds by the KC offensive line and an absolute tackle of Suggs on the play where Mahomes fumbled the ball in OT. The Chiefs offensive line basically could do whatever they wanted and included some borderline cheap shots at or through the whistle.
    4. The no-call pass interference on Moore. Yes, Moore could have gone up higher to try and catch the ball, but he had run 60 down the field, another 30 across the end zone and had put himself correctly between the defender and the ball. How that was not called is still beyond me. And yes, I thought that was also DPI on Snead on the last play, but I understand they will never throw a flag in that situation.

Lastly, safety. The Ravens desperately need to find a ball hawking safety. Several of those "great plays" by Mahomes were really rookie-like QB mistakes of throwing back across the field, without much on the pass, and any other team with competent safety play would (and will) make him pay for those throws. Between those throws and their porous run defense, it would not shock me to see the Chiefs eliminated surprisingly early in the playoffs by a team much like the Ravens with a strong running game and a stout defense with a good secondary.

Go Ravens!!!
    Always.

Blog Entries

Connecting flight. Next gate is going to KC and there are some odd people in line. And lots of red

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Connecting flight. Next gate is going to KC and there are some odd people in line. And lots of red
    Odd, how so?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Odd, how so?

I judge no one. To each his own.

But. One guy probably 350 had sweat pants and an Allen Iverson Jersey. Looked awesome on him.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I judge no one. To each his own.

But. One guy probably 350 had sweat pants and an Allen Iverson Jersey. Looked awesome on him.

Blog Entries

I will admit that it was a very engaging game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Wtf hump took that ball man challenge it!!
    Amazed that nobody mentioned that play.