Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Blog Entries

Re: Patrick Ricard Racist tweets

So over this time of retroactive anger/punishment.

Just learned that a tv show I really enjoyed kille doff a character for some shit they were accused of in the early 2000's.

All these holier than thou, I've never done anything wrong (becuase know one knows about it) people really annoy the crap out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Right, best advice I can give is :

... Bc
    Uh oh. You used black tape.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Clearly the Ravens players have more sense than most. They know this is all BS and we all do stupid shit we don't really mean. Glad to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Nooo we don't call each other by that word and I would NEVER call someone the C word. My mom would smack the taste out my mouth if she heard that

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Yeah we do lets be real. Now calling a white dude a cracker not so much

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Yeah we do lets be real. Now calling a white dude a cracker not so much
    Not to nitpick, but I think it goes to the whole "ger" vs "ga" argument as well as intent. Which before anyone starts screaming, yes, I know intent can't be absolutely determined at all times...but the context informs you of what Ricard and his friend's intent was. All of that to say, yes a person can grown and evolve and change and realize that they said or did some stupid shit. It's also just as easy to claim those things when caught with one of your skeleton bones waving from the closet. All in all, it's pretty shitty to dig up stuff from people's past in this way...but it's equally shitty multiplied by STUPID to post this kind of idiocy in the first place. 10 years ago someone may have been a teenager....but it was also 2008(not 1968) so let's not pretend you didn't know you shouldn't be saying it.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Patrick Ricard Racist tweets

I may be stupid, but to me the "N" word means :

and the "C" word means :

Why can't we humans just get along? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Not to nitpick, but I think it goes to the whole "ger" vs "ga" argument as well as intent. Which before anyone starts screaming, yes, I know intent can't be absolutely determined at all times...but the context informs you of what Ricard and his friend's intent was. All of that to say, yes a person can grown and evolve and change and realize that they said or did some stupid shit. It's also just as easy to claim those things when caught with one of your skeleton bones waving from the closet. All in all, it's pretty shitty to dig up stuff from people's past in this way...but it's equally shitty multiplied by STUPID to post this kind of idiocy in the first place. 10 years ago someone may have been a teenager....but it was also 2008(not 1968) so let's not pretend you didn't know you shouldn't be saying it.
    Me I'm saying people out to get this dude. Digging up things that old was looking for things to be upset about. I'm saying was a kid then he said something dumb let's move on nothing malicious to it. Black people do call each other that alot on the field in the heat of the moment. That's what was mean by my previous post

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I don't want to become embroiled in the debate about Ricard, but I wanted to say how impressed I am with Michael Pierce and the way he answered questions from the media. It was from the heart and at the same time forgiving, yet not dismissive of the issue. I heard what he had to say and think that's the guy I want resolving problems in the Ravens clubhouse.

Bill James used to say that the best leadership comes from the best players. Pierce could definitely be that special combination of a top player and leader.