Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Remember when Terrence Cody Tackled Jamaal Charles?

Anyone else want to relive this wonderful moment in time? My favorite memory from any Ravens/Chiefs game. I can't remember if this actually knocked Charles out of the game or if he was just completely ineffective after this tackle...it was one or the other though. I wish I could find a better GIF of it, Cody actually did a great job chasing him down before the tackle.

Blog Entries

Re: Remember when Terrence Cody Tackled Jamaal Charles?

Jamaal Charles was not the same after that tackle. He didn't do a thing else for the rest of the game.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I prefer to forget that fat POS ever played for us.

Man, that tackle hurts just watching it.

5. Re: Remember when Terrence Cody Tackled Jamaal Charles?

There had to be a large divot in the exact shape of Charles' body in the turf after that hit. Just had to be....

Happened really early in the game too. Remember it well but have never seen it in Cody slow motion blubber gif form. Thanks for posting it!

7. Re: Remember when Terrence Cody Tackled Jamaal Charles?

https://youtu.be/_nXVfgE2cZI?t=178

I have always preferred the hit by Ed Reed on Dexter McCluster—who later lost a fumble forced via "Ray Lew' Five-Two"—from the above link (copied at current time when that particular clip occurs within the highlight montage video). That one truly was a tone-setter, especially since essentially nothing went well for the "Chefs" following said bone-crunching clash! You could tell #20 was taking out the pain of his recent loss—what with his sibling dying during the week leading up to the KC postseason contest—on whomever the opponent happened to be at the time!

Additionally, I both vividly & fondly recollect Reed's locker room speech after Derrick Mason presented him with a game ball, along with condolences shared aloud. In it, Ed alluded to how his brother Brian would have wanted to beat upcoming rival Pittsburgh in the Divisional Round. I will also never forget him referencing the irony of gazing upon that river—the same one in which his brother passed away— from inside his New Orleans hotel room, whilst anxiously awaiting & anticipating finally participating in a Super Bowl. Surely, those were conflicted moments of pensively pondered remembrance, yet it all culminated in such glorious, victorious, story-book fashion!

GIF version below:

Last edited by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $; 12-08-2018 at 09:07 PM.