Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Earl Thomas

Re: Earl Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Only 3?

There is only one safety in the league who has more than 4. Factor in how many snaps he has played as an in-the-box safety, as well as the fact he is a ROOKIE, and 3 picks is pretty impressive.

I would kill or die for a rookie safety with three interceptions. Derwin's three picks are two more than all of our safeties combined.
    It is impressive, but the person I was replying to was comparing him to Ed freaking Reed
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Shrubbsy, I agree on both counts. The current Ravens running game has obviously been elevated by LJ. So, as a side benefit our other RBs (Gus, Monty, Dix) have gained by his presence. While we could have had Derwin James, but do not, Earl Thomas will likely be too rich for the Ravens cap space. Maybe Jefferson, Clark, Elliot, Levine, and a draft choice might fill the bill? Hopefully so... Bc
    Bc, would you resign Ty Montgomery? It seems based on your comments on this and other threads that you might be interested. I don't think he'd be super expensive. Not nearly Le'Veon Bell money.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Are they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LMAO. Beat me to it.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I'm going to Wal Mart after work should I just pick one up and drop him at M&T Bank Stadium or do you think I should leave him at the Under Armor Performance Center?

Douchey sarcasm aside, these types of guys are impossible to find.
    They and 30 other teams had their chance to draft Eddie Jackson last year.

Blog Entries

Bc, would you resign Ty Montgomery? It seems based on your comments on this and other threads that you might be interested. I don't think he'd be super expensive. Not nearly Le'Veon Bell money.
    If the money is right (for both sides), yes then I would sign Montgomery. I believe he's better than some may think, plus it would take the pressure off us drafting a RB too high. Our RB-by-committee seems strong with LJ @ QB. Now I wouldn't pass up a draftee DeCosta and Co. think might be a star, but it would give us flexibility to perhaps look at another position of need, and those we've got... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not saying he will be a factor in 2019, but we did draft DeShon Elliott (Safety, Texas) in 2018 (6th round). Here are his three year totals :

http://www.draftcountdown.com/player/deshon-elliott/

... Bc
    I was most bummed out about his IR before the season, among such cases. I like this guy and think he's a future starter.

Well Camdenyard my friend, allow me to encourage you. I believe we've recently hit on a couple of draft picks that have proven to be really special and have a possibility of being with this team for a long time. Marlon Humphrey is quietly a top 5 CB in this league, and Ronnie Stanley needs to be retained. I think Michael Pierce is a player that is good enough that he shouldn't hit the open market, but circumstances may be out of our control. We have some good players on relatively cheap deals that I hope will be in this organization for their whole careers. In regards to other free agents from other teams, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do. Someone has to line up at these positions, and you need to fill your needs. That's what a salary cap is for, every team has expensive players.
    I agree that We have a number of good to special draft picks we have drafted over he years. One of the best ones is undrafted Michael Pierce and I believe he will be retained at the end of 2019. This year he is probably going to have a 2nd round tender. That being said, once we retain Michael Pierce, Brandon Williams will be cut and it doesn’t make sense to cut him until the end of 2019.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Earl Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I was most bummed out about his IR before the season, among such cases. I like this guy and think he's a future starter.
    WNCR, can't explain it, but Elliot (6th round) gave me the same vibes as Kenny Young (4th round). I thought both were solid mid-late round picks... Bc

Are they?

Nailed it

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thomas is a little too old for my taste, seems like a lateral move from Eric Weddle, both former All Pro safeties but over 30 years old (as of next season). The FS market however looks to be quite strong in the off season:

Tre Boston (27)
    HaHa Clinton-Dix (26)
    Landon Collins (25) <----- my #1 target
    Antone Exum (28)
    Clayton Geathers (27)
    LaMarcus Joyner (28)
    Tyrann Mathieu (27)
    Adrian Phillips (27)

Quote Originally Posted by bmore finest View Post
    I think Elliott is going to be good. Number 21.
    If he can stay Healthy, the ball does finds this young man. But only if he can stay healthy.
    Had that problem in college and here. But when on field he is always around ball.

I agree. I’m from Texas and have watched him for a while. He’s a Hammer back there, kind of reminds me of Haha Clinton-dix.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Thomas is a little too old for my taste, seems like a lateral move from Eric Weddle, both former All Pro safeties but over 30 years old (as of next season). The FS market however looks to be quite strong in the off season:

Tre Boston (27)
    HaHa Clinton-Dix (26)
    Landon Collins (25) <----- my #1 target
    Antone Exum (28)
    Clayton Geathers (27)
    LaMarcus Joyner (28)
    Tyrann Mathieu (27)
    Adrian Phillips (27)
    If they ( Ravens ) don’t believe in Clark or Elliot ...I’d take a run at Dix and The Honeybadger. Ha Ha is a Hammmer and Honeybadger covers pretty well. Collins would be ideal but he’ll prob break the bank.