Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

One way I'd be ok keeping Harbaugh

After thinking about it, one way I would be ok with the Ravens extending Harbaugh was if Marty was fired and James Urban was promoted to OC and play caller.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: One way I'd be ok keeping Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    After thinking about it, one way I would be ok with the Ravens extending Harbaugh was if Marty was fired and James Urban was promoted to OC and play caller.
    My (expanding) gut feeling is that if the Ravens make the playoffs, with LJ at the QB helm, there's no way Harbs would fire MM. While I know where you're coming from, it seems to me at this time that both are linked due to success or failure in 2018... Bc

What does that change? Our gameplan has been a problem, not just the play calling.

Harbaugh's approach is consistent across coordinators.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Shit nah Marty is the only reason why I would even consider keeping Harbaugh in the first place. He has shown he can design an offense that works for Lamar and the Ravens. Plus he has the experience of working with mobile qb's like Vick, Young, Mcnabb, Garcia and building offenses around them.

He gets way too much grief around here maybe he'll be appreciated more after he leaves.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    What does that change? Our gameplan has been a problem, not just the play calling.

My hope is that Urban is someone that could be more flexible and innovative than Marty.

Has James Urban ever called plays in his life? Do we have any sort of track record for his ability to do this job? I know that he might be a promising position coach, but I see little reason to trust him here.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Shit nah Marty is the only reason why I would even consider keeping Harbaugh in the first place. He has shown he can design an offense that works for Lamar and the Ravens. Plus he has the experience of working with mobile qb's like Vick, Young, Mcnabb, Garcia and building offenses around them.

He gets way too much grief around here maybe he'll be appreciated more after he leaves.
    Agreed. I think Marty gets shit on too much. You can only do so much with Flacco, and I think he's done a good job with the offense around Lamar so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post

My hope is that Urban is someone that could be more flexible and innovative than Marty.

How is Marty not innovative? What specifically do you want to see from Urban that you aren't getting right now?

Is there anyone running the offense we are right now in the NFL? Not anyone can design and build an offense around a running qb. I see Marty merging a whole host of things together including the RPO seen more in college, traditional WC offense, and Jet sweeps. I saw one designed Lamar run where he had the WR run deep I think it was Brown Lamar hesitated slightly to allow the play to develop and then scampered into the endzone untouched before the CB could get back into the play.

He's also done a good job of the playcalling mixing it up when defenses get too close to the line of scrimmage. I mean if Lamar completed that pass to Brown on a slant he's probably still running. Lamar just needs to do a better job executing in certain circumstances you see opportunties to make big plays every game as a fan I see what other teams are going through and realize we could do much, much worse then Mary. Hell Byron Leftwich is an OC right now and he could barely read a defense as a player.
    Last edited by boller4president; 12-07-2018 at 12:29 PM.

I think the larger issue is that Harbaugh doesn't create a good environment for innovation and flexibility. Those aren't conservative concepts.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    We will go to the Super Bowl this year and Harbaugh will receive a 5 year contract extension and lifetime immunity from his pal Biscuit
    After everything we've been through since the last Super Bowl, if Harbaugh gets us another one, I say give the man a lifetime ironclad contract, he's only gone when he wants to go. I'd be fine with that haha.

Blog Entries

I'd like to keep a proven Super Bowl winning coach and wait to see what Eric Decosta can do with the roster.