Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leading the league in moral victories

The team played great today and not may folks gave us a chance to win. We had the game in the grasp and we let it slip away. That has been the norm for the last five years. Outside our division I'm not sure we have beaten a good team other than the Kubiak year. In fact outside the Steelers when have we upset a team since Reed and Lewis left? Moral victories don't get us to the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Re: Leading the league in moral victories

I too tire of moral victories. I'm tired of focusing on the refs as if we didn't get away with calls. I'm tired of harping on our mistakes like, "Well, if we didn't do this", like the other team didn't send two FGs wide right.

Just win the darned thing. The Ravens aren't supposed to be some walking moral victory.

Just gonna share this from another thread:

Ok since no one is gonna say it I'm gonna talk about it. Honestly I am tired of the excuse making and moral victories by our fanbase. That 4th down play by Mahomes should of never happened. If you want to win in this league you can't let that crap happen and not to mention the fact that it has happened to us the last couple years. We should of one this game and we didn't. You ether WIN or LOSE I don't want to hear nothing else. IMO we are good but not good enough to get to where we SHOULD be damn near every year and that is the playoffs. That is my realistic expectation. I am just tired of mediocre teams like Miami, Buffalo and Tennessee making the playoffs. I mean we are the one with the top defense and special teams units in the league damn near every year. Those teams do nothing well. We have ranked top ten in DVOA the last 2 years and it just doesn't matter. It just infuriates me man. Missing the playoffs again will not cut it. Sorry for ranting lol.

This team is just good enough to break your heart.

Blog Entries

Yeah, I hate this "moral victory" bullshit. Like I said in the game thread...always the bridesmaid, never the bride. At least over the past 5 years. Whether you lose to the Saints and Chiefs by 4 points combined or 40 points combined, it still counts as a loss. It's nice to see them compete in these games, sure, but a loss is still a loss. Moral victories don't get you into the playoffs.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

It just sucks feeling like we should have won this game only to lose like we did. This team has talent, it just doesn't have that winners mentality. As soon as they started dropping more into coverage late in the 4th instead of continuing what worked, the writing was on the wall. I miss Rex Ryan as DC

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I too tire of moral victories. I'm tired of focusing on the refs as if we didn't get away with calls. I'm tired of harping on our mistakes like, "Well, if we didn't do this", like the other team didn't send two FGs wide right.

Just win the darned thing. The Ravens aren't supposed to be some walking moral victory.
    There were plenty of bad calls on both teams yesterday, not just the ravens....

Furthermore, I stongly dislike the attitude towards the officials the Fans AND the players have developed this year.

There were MULTIPLE instances yesterday on offense where WRs and the QB were crying to the official about flags, most of which weren't warranted.

Our team has taken on the confused angry Harbaugh face basically now. We looked like a bunch of Brady's out there
    Burn it down

When you lack playmakers, and run a rush only offense, there is zero room for mistakes....this will happen until we open up the playbook and throw it downfield
    Burn it down

Parcells says we are 7-6 this year and have repeatedly missed the playoffs over the past several.

Quote Originally Posted by beavery View Post
    The team played great today and not may folks gave us a chance to win. We had the game in the grasp and we let it slip away. That has been the norm for the last five years. Outside our division I'm not sure we have beaten a good team other than the Kubiak year. In fact outside the Steelers when have we upset a team since Reed and Lewis left? Moral victories don't get us to the playoffs.
    I've posted this in other threads. Since 2013, other than PIT, we have beaten three - yes 3 - teams who ended the season with winning records. Here are the games:

On 11.10.13, we beat CIN 23-20 in overtime. BAL was favored by 1 point. CIN ended up 11-5 but lost in the wild card game to SD.

On 12.6.14, we crushed a MIA team (38-6) that ended up 10-6 and lost in the first round of playoffs. I believe the Ravens were favored that game by 3. MIA's scheme was a poor match for what BAL did defensively.

On 12.3.17, we crushed a DET (44-20) team that ended up 9-7 and out of the playoffs. BAL was favored by 3.

Note that there are two common denominators to these games. One: all three games are at home. Two: none of these teams could be considered "elite."

If TEN ends up with a winning record, then they become the first team that BAL has beat on the road that ended up with a winning record (other than PIT and CIN) since (believe it or not): September 13, 2010, when BAL beat the 10-5 NYJ team under Rex Ryan that ended up losing in the conference championship. They won that game 10-9. Yes that game was opening day and in retrospect, it's hard to imagine how NYJ scored even 9 points given that Mark Sanchez was their QB (he threw for 74 yards that day).

My sig ain't never lied...

...except when I predicted a monster 4th year for Breshad Perriman
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

yea tired of the moral victories too.