Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ANOTHER new football league???

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...terrell-owens/

***As the XFL and AAF announce uniforms and city locations, former NFL running back Ricky Williams announced on Thursday that the "Freedom Football League" will be joining the ranks. Williams, Terrell Owens and Simeon Rice are among the names associated with the league.

According to Williams, there are about 100 stakeholders with 50 former players among them.According to ESPN, games will be in the spring and summer (avoiding colliding with the behemoth that is the NFL) and there will initially be 10 teams. The league's mission statement is: "To attract football players at their highest level of athletic ability, including those defecting from the NFL, graduating college or high school or playing in international or alternative professional football leagues."***

well, good luck guys.
    gonna be a lot of football on the tube next spring or two
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: ANOTHER new football league???

The Big3 is a good comparison. It caught people for nostalgia and peaked interest, but when I started watching it just wasn't the same. Not a lot of guys were going hard. I din't expect to see AI go out there and be the old AI, but at least try.

I can see this being the same. It'll be fun to follow, but not sure how much I'll tune in.

I am genuinely excited for the AAF though. I think it could turn into a useful developmental league which would be great for the players.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I'm starting a new league too. JFL, the Jewish Football League. Instead of pigskins we'll use lambskin football. No games on Friday night or Saturday until dark. Ashkenaz Conference and the Sephardic Conference.

Blog Entries

I really hate this. The AAF has so much potential but with similar competition it will be watered down

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I'm starting a new league too. JFL, the Jewish Football League. Instead of pigskins we'll use lambskin football. No games on Friday night or Saturday until dark. Ashkenaz Conference and the Sephardic Conference.
    Bahahaha!

I think the flag football league is interesting and could really work if they give it more of a professional feel with more professional names that include their based cities like professional leagues.

Teams like "money team" "code red" "holdat" are stupid

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    bravo

Will Trump be granted a frachise?

Blog Entries

Vince McMahon keeps selling WWE stock to fund the XFL. He sold another $220 million in stock last week. If this flops he’s going to lose huge money.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Vince McMahon keeps selling WWE stock to fund the XFL. He sold another $220 million in stock last week. If this flops he’s going to lose huge money.
    It will.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    "If"?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    "If"?
    Vinnie Mac is betting about $500 million of his own money that it won’t. That’s some serious confidence