Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Using both Lamar and Joe against the Chiefs

Please don't turn this into a hater debate. I was trying to imagine how hard it would be for KCs sub par defense to stop this IF USED CORRECTLY. Not at all like the first 9 games with bringing in Lamar for a play or two and having a statue Joe wasting a WR position.

I'm talking about them spelling each other for series and within series. Each utilizing their strengths to maximize defensive confusion and if used in proper situations correctly, could help overcome some deficiencies each QB has.

If it starts to be a detriment you can easily stop doing it.

Re: Using both Lamar and Joe against the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Please don't turn this into a hater debate.

But in all seriousness no it wouldn't work because we would be predictable.

Lamar: Its a run
    Joe: Its a pass

Yea, you can have LJ pass and catch them off guard but remember the duck he threw to snead? LJ, as a rookie needs to keep that ball in his hand or hes gonna throw some rusty lookin passes. If he was a vet, sure.

Seems pretty gimmicky and if were to actually work because both quarterbacks played well, talk about a QB controversy if they beat KC playing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Seems pretty gimmicky and if were to actually work because both quarterbacks played well, talk about a QB controversy if they beat KC playing that way.
    Indeed.. after going 3-0 with LJ, you just gotta keep doing what you're doing. If you change it up and it fails, that's cause for termination right there so I don't think Harbaugh has room to take such a risk.

If Marty seriously wants to keep the 2 QB package going, I would suggest Lamar and Rob Griffin. Either one could run or pass it, or even catch it.

Personally I'd rather they shelve it and just go read option / RPO with Lamar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

But in all seriousness no it wouldn't work because we would be predictable.

Lamar: Its a run
    Joe: Its a pass

Yea, you can have LJ pass and catch them off guard but remember the duck he threw to snead? LJ, as a rookie needs to keep that ball in his hand or hes gonna throw some rusty lookin passes. If he was a vet, sure.
    Forget the thread subject, "Paths of Glory" was an all-time great film. Kirk Douglas at his very best... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Forget the thread subject, "Paths of Glory" was an all-time great film. Kirk Douglas at his very best... Bc
    Bc I have never seen the movie and just used the gif but I will accept your recommendation, Sir.

LJ and RG3 would be the better package considering Joe offers zero threat to run or even throw to a wide open LJ.

Put RG in the backfield with LJ and get creative.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Bc I have never seen the movie and just used the gif but I will accept your recommendation, Sir.
    If you don't mind old Black & White movies, I concur with Bc it's very good. Stanley Kubrick's first major film, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If you don't mind old Black & White movies, I concur with Bc it's very good. Stanley Kubrick's first major film, I think.
    Don't mind them at all. Some of my favorites are black and white.

Isn't that what we were doing already before Flacco was benched? If you want to do that just go back to what we were doing when we were 4-5.

It won't work any better now then it did then though because Flacco can't consistently perform at a high enough level anymore as a passer to get a team to the playoffs. Also you'll probably lose Lamar and the lockerroom.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Please don't turn this into a hater debate. I was trying to imagine how hard it would be for KCs sub par defense to stop this IF USED CORRECTLY. Not at all like the first 9 games with bringing in Lamar for a play or two and having a statue Joe wasting a WR position.

I'm talking about them spelling each other for series and within series. Each utilizing their strengths to maximize defensive confusion and if used in proper situations correctly, could help overcome some deficiencies each QB has.

If it starts to be a detriment you can easily stop doing it.
    It's a reason why you hardly ever see this in the NFL. Just like the wildcat was popular for about a year n a half. Its gimmicky. You want your qb to get in a rythm. Switching him in and out does not help the cause. Or you can go old school and just half Lamar and Flacco witch jerseys at half time, run some trick plays. Maybe even fool the defense.