Hey Film –

I just read this week's piece on the Falcons:

I enjoy your work so much.

This caught my eye. On Zeus Deuce:
Scoring: 74 plays, 58 blocks, 13 missed, 3 pressures, 52 points (.70 per play). That’s a C after adjustment. Brown’s overall level of play has been solid and he hasn’t had anything you could reasonably call a bad game (4 Cs, a B, and an A in 6 games as a starter), but he’s been inconsistently inconsistent, meaning he’s been deficient in a different area in each of his average games.
That's an interesting observation, "deficient in a different area in each of his average games".

If you don't mind peering into the future: a rookie who is "inconsistently inconsistent", who flashes solid play in each area but when he's off, his poor play is confined to a different area each time – doesn't that imply that he has the basic ability to play the complete game? And he's just struggling with rookie inconsistency?

What I mean is, that's different from always having the same weakness: like he can never handle speed rushers, or never anchor against the bull rush, or never successfully "reach" on zone runs, or what have you. Is it fair to say that he seems to have the traits to handle every component of the game? He just hasn't put it all together yet to be able to be consistent; but it's not like there's always a gaping hole in his game. Right?

I hope that question is clear. A little difficult to phrase.