Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Titans - Jags: The Derrick Henry Game

I just don't understand how Jacksonville has taken such a HUGE step backwards. It's like, I really thought they had a little window there, and they burned to the ground. I don't get it.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Pretty sure the first stiff arm was illegal, but really half-assed effort on the Jags in general.

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    Pretty sure the first stiff arm was illegal, but really half-assed effort on the Jags in general.
    Replay definitely showed a facemask. Also, it looked like Telvin Smith was being held to spring Henry for that run.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    That stiff arm needs to be sent to the HOF.

He'll be in the record book forever.
    Seriously, right up there with the monster stiff arm thrown by that Steeler TE against the Bucs.

Jags were just lining up to get some of what Henry was dishing out. Almost looked like a Blooper reel.
    Last edited by SouthSide; 12-07-2018 at 10:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Coughlin needs to fire Marrone and take over as HC

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Jags are interesting cautionary tale.

They have elite talent on defense...

but due to the Franchise's focus on playing 1990 football, we see what happens when they dont have a perfect game. They cant win unless they pound and grind clock. Any error is essentially the end of their game. Add in now they dont have any real WR threats and its hard to take them seriously.

It should be a dire warning for those who continue to think we can exist in the future nfl as a ground and pound defense only team.

We need to truly invest in the offense
    Burn it down

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

but due to the Franchise's focus on playing 1990 football, we see what happens when they dont have a perfect game. They cant win unless they pound and grind clock. Any error is essentially the end of their game. Add in now they dont have any real WR threats and its hard to take them seriously.

It should be a dire warning for those who continue to think we can exist in the future nfl as a ground and pound defense only team.

I think any Ravens fan would agree.

Ground and Pound is what the Ravens are doing at the moment, but all would agree that it shouldn't be the future. The coaches know that too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

You obviously didn’t watch the game. Bortles is miles better than the kid the used last night.

And it’s the Titans who played ground and pound. Jags couldn’t stop it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    You obviously didn’t watch the game. Bortles is miles better than the kid the used last night.

And it’s the Titans who played ground and pound. Jags couldn’t stop it

After my last post, I saw the game highlights on NFLN and the stats from the game. I noticed the pass yards and rushing yards mirror the last 3 Ravens victories.

It strange how towards the end Henry didn't want to go back in and try to cement his history further. When he retires he is going look back at that game not only with fondness but also I think kicking himself that he didn't go out there and run more.

He only ran the ball 17 times. You have to wonder if he went out there and gave it everything he had like Jamal and AP did whether he would have beat that record.

I would chalk this result up more to the incredibly poor effort by the Jags at least as much as the effort by Henry. I have no idea how they shut out Indy last weekend. To me, this looked like a coach has lost the team. Not a real fan of him staying, but that's one thing I would agree we don't see under Harbs.

Quote Originally Posted by brown2RAVEN View Post
    180 yards more than his season high.
    Henry wrecked my dim fantasy hopes in one league.
    I dropped him in the beginning of the year. Thought Leveon Bell was gonna be playing. Smh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk