Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Michael Pierce Speculation

I just wanted to say that Pierce has come out as the 6th best DL in the league per PFF. He's playing out of his mind right now and has only gotten better. He's honestly amazing. But we've seen the issues with paying a run stuffer. Brandon Williams has bitten us, but I feel like Pierce is playing better ball than Williams ever was. He actually gets pressure with his bull rush. The dude is legit. So how would you handle the situation? Would you resign him at the end of next year? Would you try to extend him before he becomes a free agent? If we're shedding cap anyway and have the space why not lock him up to a frontloaded deal right? Or would you guys think that we shouldn't extend him at all because he's primarily a run stuffer? For me, these last couple games have proven to me that being able to stop the run is still important in this league. I'd like to keep Pierce around if possible. I think he's that good of a player.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Re: Michael Pierce Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I just wanted to say that Pierce has come out as the 6th best DL in the league per PFF. He's playing out of his mind right now and has only gotten better. He's honestly amazing. But we've seen the issues with paying a run stuffer. Brandon Williams has bitten us, but I feel like Pierce is playing better ball than Williams ever was. He actually gets pressure with his bull rush. The dude is legit. So how would you handle the situation? Would you resign him at the end of next year? Would you try to extend him before he becomes a free agent? If we're shedding cap anyway and have the space why not lock him up to a frontloaded deal right? Or would you guys think that we shouldn't extend him at all because he's primarily a run stuffer? For me, these last couple games have proven to me that being able to stop the run is still important in this league. I'd like to keep Pierce around if possible. I think he's that good of a player.
    I think the Ravens are screwed. Because they paid Williams too much. Now Pierce is playing better and he's gonna expect to get paid similarly. You simply cannot have 2 DT's making that kind of money (unless they are Donald and Cox good). They should have let Williams walk and done the 80/20 rule with Pierce. Now they screwed because it will be so hard to come out from that Williams contract.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I think the Ravens are screwed. Because they paid Williams too much. Now Pierce is playing better and he's gonna expect to get paid similarly. You simply cannot have 2 DT's making that kind of money (unless they are Donald and Cox good). They should have let Williams walk and done the 80/20 rule with Pierce. Now they screwed because it will be so hard to come out from that Williams contract.
    blah, if I'm not mistaken don't Williams and Pierce both become Unrestricted Free Agents at the end of 2019? To me, seems like the opportunity to dump Williams and keep Pierce.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

I think they can get out of Williams deal without a major hit after next season. I'm still kind of eh on paying guys who are predominantly run players, but Pierce has developed a bit of pass rush it seems. Ideal scenario would be they cut Williams after next season and sign Pierce.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

blah, if I'm not mistaken don't Williams and Pierce both become Unrestricted Free Agents at the end of 2019? To me, seems like the opportunity to dump Williams and keep Pierce.
    Williams is signed through 2021. Pierce will be a FA in 2019

6. Re: Michael Pierce Speculation

Per Brian McFarland, Williams is under contract through 2021.

Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

I'm totally with you on replacing Williams with Pierce. It just should have been done before Williams got his big contract.

My god that restructure suckssssss
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Cut him next year

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Cut him next year
    Williams

I was one who thought Pierce would be better then Williams. He has improved since been here.
    I wanted to Keep Pierce and Carl Davis at time.
    We signed Williams instead i think it was Wagner at time.
    I think Pierce will hit market and cash in. He is good. We stuck with Williams. I think he will walk next year. Can we Tag him for a year? I’m down with that. Don’t see how they would pay him and Williams but then again we don’t pay for offense so hey we may pay both lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm pissed off for greatness!!

Twitter Bmore Finest

No matter what happens with Williams, we really need Decosta to re-vamp the way we do contracts and cap structuring. This team has been handcuffed by the salary cap for years due to ridiculous dead money hits. Guys like Ngata and Pitta whacking the cap for years after they are done playing here.. And then absurd contracts to guys like Ladarius Webb and Eugene Monroe.

I like what the Orioles are doing with analytics. We can only hope that Decosta does the same and hires a legitimate cap/contract expert.