Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: Alex Smith career might be over

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Bell can do whatever he wants but lets not pretend what Smith is going through is normal.
    I mean all you have to do is look at his former team mate Shazier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This really bums me out as I've always liked him. Showed nothing but class throughout his career. Obviously don't want him to have to leave the sport this way, but ultimately hoping he makes a full recovery!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Stuff like this is why I HATE when fans take the sides of owners in contact disputes. This year, its Leveon Bell.

"How could you hold out when you're making millions? blah blah blah"

I always side with owners, who help keep players greed in check. NFL tickets have gone up 30-fold for me, for comparable seats, since the Colts last seasons at Memorial Stadium, far outpacing inflation. Player's salaries are the primary reason.

Notwithstanding, I truly hope and pray that Alex will recover. I have a good friend who was recently disabled (wheelchair) by a leg bone infection for 11 months, but ultimately is back running.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I always side with owners, who help keep players greed in check. NFL tickets have gone up 30-fold for me, for comparable seats, since the Colts last seasons at Memorial Stadium, far outpacing inflation. Player's salaries are the primary reason.

Notwithstanding, I truly hope and pray that Alex will recover. I have a good friend who was recently disabled (wheelchair) by a leg bone infection for 11 months, but ultimately is back running.
    Tv contract 100% covers players salaries. The tickets going up is directly related to the OWNERS greed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A couple of years ago Rob Gronkowski had similar complication on his left arm. He ended up having 3 surgeries because of the infection. It’s horrible but that’s a guy who recovered to the point where he was able to play again.
    Gronk wasn't 34 years old either. ;)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm calling it now, Flacco is gonna end up in DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay D83 View Post
    I'm calling it now, Flacco is gonna end up in DC.
    Yeah, I'm thinking Flacco will wind up in either Jacksonville or DC, and perhaps even a slim chance of going to the Giants?

Blog Entries

OT: Alex Smith career might be over

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking Flacco will wind up in either Jacksonville or DC, and perhaps even a slim chance of going to the Giants?
    Denver to be reunited with kubak
    Washington has a lot of money that’s going to be tied up in Alex Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Tv contract 100% covers players salaries. The tickets going up is directly related to the OWNERS greed

Lol thank you. Owners set the prices! Whi charges you 10 bucks for a bud light & 5 bucks for a hot dog? At taxpayer funded/state subsidized sports facility?! But its management & fans victimized by player greed. What a misinformed & laughable take.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Denver to be reunited with kubak
    Washington has a lot of money that’s going to be tied up in Alex Smith

Been looking for a place to discuss this a little bit. Talk radio out here has been bantering about this for weeks and the added piece is that a lot of folks feel like the number one target for head coach should be none other than John Harbaugh. They see a reuniting of Harbs, Kubes and Joe as being a valid plan to put Denver back in the SB. I've been finding the discussions very entertaining especially when contrasted with the sentiments about John and Joe on this message board. the talk has died down a bit recently since both teams have been on winning streaks and the seats are a little cooler for John and Vance Joseph...at least for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post

I see the issue exactly the opposite T...player's salaries have gone up because of the ridiculous amount of money being generated by the TV contracts and there simply was no way to justify not sharing the revenues. Even still, aren't there ongoing legal issues surrounding the fact that not all the owners revenues are included in the salary cap calculations? Regarding Alex Smith, every surgery carries this as a risk and it's actually pretty amazing that it doesn't happen more often considering the sheer volume of "routine" procedure these guys go through. I hope he make a full recovery just for purposes of being able to lead a (mostly) healthy life after football.

Blog Entries

To those who feel some fans take the owners side : there's always a negotiation between the two parties. Sometimes the players (too numerous to mention) get much more than their on-field production, while at times it's the other way around. Pro football is a dangerous game, but with high rewards, and that's the risk both side take. To CDC's "Stuff like this is why I HATE when fans take the sides of owners in contact disputes. This year, its Leveon Bell." OK, so Bell held-out, is likely perfectly healthy, but gave up his 2018 ($14 million) contract. I can live with that. Question is, can he holdout for the rest of his playing life? If he can, more power to him, but I assure you someone else will fill his RB shoes in Pittsburgh.
    As far as Alex Smith goes, I wish for him to heal ASAP and either play again or have a normal post-NFL life with his family... Bc
    Last edited by BcRaven; 12-07-2018 at 03:31 PM. Reason: schpeling