Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Will any Free Agent wide receiver want to sign with the Ravens in the off season?

With the lack of a passing game this year with Lamar, and so far, him being inconsistent with his throws, I think it will be very difficult to convince receivers to sign with us next year, unless he really improves the rest of the year. Combine that with John Brown certainly going somewhere else next year where he can be more productive, this could be a problem. Is cutting Crabtree the best option in our situation. All the more reason why we should have drafted a receiver in the first 2 rounds last year.

Re: Will any Free Agent wide receiver want to sign with the Ravens in the off season?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Re: Will any Free Agent wide receiver want to sign with the Ravens in the off season?

Hell no , not unless they get paid way to much, then they'll cry and moan because Dundalk Marty will have Lamar running all the time, hardly any passing.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    With the lack of a passing game this year with Lamar, and so far, him being inconsistent with his throws, I think it will be very difficult to convince receivers to sign with us next year, unless he really improves the rest of the year. Combine that with John Brown certainly going somewhere else next year where he can be more productive, this could be a problem. Is cutting Crabtree the best option in our situation. All the more reason why we should have drafted a receiver in the first 2 rounds last year.
    For the type of offense that this will become, a true elite #1 wr is not really needed. You need a possession go to wr that can move the chains. I think mark andrews will fill that role fine. It would be nice to keep snead on a cheap deal. Money on a starting wr would be wasted as they will not get the receptions or yards to justify their contract with this type of offense.

No... and even if we did manage to sign one what good would it do with LJ as the QBs... nothing he has done shows me he could deliver the ball accurately way down field.... hell, he misses wide open receivers as it is... if he doesn’t develop and develop fast then this offense will be figured out and everything will come to a stand still.... so why would any receiver want to come to this team... the only way we get a top receiver is to draft one and pray he pans out..but with LJ how we would find that out is beyond me....

Blog Entries

Money talks.

Honestly - not really any particular FA receiver that I really think would be a huge difference maker for this team going forward.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I remember this same conversation from the spring but it was that WRs don't want to sign with Baltimore because of Flacco.

Draft the type guys we need and maybe bring on 3 more TEs ;-)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Well it’s been 3 games. His first 3 starts. So if that’s the case jets won’t be signing a Wr. Neither will cardinals, neither will the bills...

But we all know that’s not true. Money talks. Lamar has a nice deep ball and is the second most accurate throwing rookie behind baker.

Lamar will have to prove he can air it out at some point this season, and it may be against the chiefs...

Are you really under the impression the offense we’ve put together the past 3 weeks for a 21 year old rookie is our offense for the future?

Give them an offseason to put together a real offense for Lamar, and I see no reason why a receiver wouldn’t want to play with him.

I just hope the FO is aggressive in getting him a solid young wr he can grow with. It seems like all the teams with good young QBs have one (Watson, Mahommes, Goff, Trubisky)

if that ends up being the case, its a blessing in disguise considering our history with FA WR’s lol

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

John Brown maybe. Might be his only option for the most money but less than he thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamal55 View Post
    if that ends up being the case, its a blessing in disguise considering our history with FA WR’s lol
    It's a lot better than our history of drafting WRs...