I don't know about any of yall, but these last 3 weeks with LJ as our QB has done something that I have been longing for. I think I have kicked my Politics addiction. Prior to 2016, my routine was to wake up, read baltimore sun sports, espn articles, profootballtalk, and all other sports articles to get me up to speed for the day. Then on my drive in to work, I would cycle through 105.7, Sirius NFL Radio, or Mike and Mike. I would cycle through all those channels dealing with this horrible DMV traffic. The same for my return trip back home.

Fast forward to after 2016. Replace all of the above with realclearpolitics articles, social media and all the various political shows that I can listen to on Sirius XM. Then at night, I'd cycle through the various TV shows. All of this is like a big Drama movie where I couldnt pull myself away from it.

Now today, we have this country kid from Florida, who has injected some life into Ravens football. Now I am back to reading what others say about our Ravens, like i used to. Now, I am using my previous dormant NFL Game pass account rewatching condensed ravens games. Cycling through radio and TV shows to see what pundits are saying about our Ravens. Doing google searches on Ravens to see what is being written. The excitement has made me forget about all the politics in the world. I havent watched a political show on TV for atleast 2 weeks. I still read the things that are alerted to me when they pop up on my phone..but other than that...my addiction is gone.

Sports can be amazing and is a good segway to get away from that crap. Now I have a different understanding why folks were so upset that politics was injected into football. Because now, football is the reason why I have not been inundating myself with politics.

So for me, I hope LJ turns out to be the real deal, but if he doesn't, at least the newness of him has broken me from the fever.